BREAKING Bill O’Brien a candidate for OC (update: officially hired!)

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Chicago IL
Can’t believe im saying this, but im so bored with the game im actually trawling the inet for college football news. During national championship game.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Figured Saban’s so cutting edge instead of hiring a new OC he would go with a hologram of Sark and run the same plays the next however many years til Sark comes back to succeed him. Magnificent start to finish - don’t see this playcalling gem being duplicated or ever outshone for Sark’s offensive brilliance.

• Haha
Reactions: 4Bama and Padreruf

Tenntiderman

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Very tough. Perhaps impossible though that doesn’t mean it won’t still be successful.

Sark is at a level I’ve never seen.
The combination of players Sark had here is a part of his success. I dont know much about O'Brien other than he did a good job at PSU under the circumstances. His teams played hard. I dont watch much Pro ball at all.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Pretty sure Coach O'Brien understands the process and the standard that is expected. I can only say welcome and ready to see him action. RTR

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
At least he doesn't get to make trades...anyone know anything about his history as an offensive coordinator?
Pretty damn good. No one complaining much when the Texans were skull dragging the Chiefs all over the field in offense. Their defense just collapsed and the Legend of Patrick Mahomes began. He was just a terrible GM. It’s way too much for a modern HC anyway IMO. I’m perfectly fine with the hire. Also we’ll likely get 2 years minimum.