BREAKING OLD THREAD - Bill O’Brien a candidate for OC (update: officially hired!)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
When BoB was hired I wasn't particularly thrilled but I figured it was because of his experience as a HC at the NFL and major college level, that there would be no issue with the job/pressure being too much for him, and because he would bring steadiness and stability to the program.

I had no idea that he would be so stale and incapable of adapting.

I'm sure the guy knows as much as just about anyone when it comes to the game, but man has he been a disappointing dud.
Bryce deserves better.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I wasn’t referring to the thread title. I was referencing feeling like I had been “suckered” on the hiring of Bill O’Brien.
Well, as BamaMoon said above, "hired" looked like "fired" at first glance... :cool:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I would also throw in there on an equal level the amount of DB's (not just in the Tennessee game either) getting beat and running three to five yards behind the WR. This has been a big issue this year as well.
I agree...but all cb's get beat...it is the toughest position on defense when you play man to man. Our safeties cheat up to help the ILB's and in the process leave the CB's on an island too often.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I agree...but all cb's get beat...it is the toughest position on defense when you play man to man. Our safeties cheat up to help the ILB's and in the process leave the CB's on an island too often.
Something has to be tweaked because quarterback play has evolved to such a level that even guys who wouldn't get to the NFL can beat the coverage with throws. Mechanics and accuracy have come a long way during Coach Saban's career, and unless you have someone affecting the quarterback (we don't) on a regular basis these throws have become pitch and catch.

There has to be a way to have these guys be able to look back, because receivers have been taught to limit the tells that the ball is approaching and our guys typically get caught running right into the receiver, or responding late to the ball going by them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.