BREAKING Bill O’Brien a candidate for OC (update: officially hired!)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I don't think it is a done deal yet. Not fond of him because 1 he is a hothead and 2 being associated with state penn. If anyone can handle him though its Coach Saban.
His resume looks like he had nothing to do with PSU until he was hired after Paterno. He was on the Patriots staff until hired as the HC at PSU post Paterno. Is that not correct?

CB4

All-American
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sark has started fleshing out his staff at Texas. Sark will still call plays but Flood will carry name of OC with responsibility of O-line. Milwee will handle QB responsibilities.

It was rumored Wiggins and Banks maybe going to Austin but it appears both will remain in Tuscaloosa.

Everything points to O’Brien having the inside track to the job. Sumlin may join as an analyst but don’t see him as an OC candidate. Outside of O’Brien, and possibly Gase and Sumlin, we really don’t know who CNS has spoken with. He’s done a good job of keeping it under his hat. I’m not going to be surprised if it is O’Brien or CNS goes in another direction all together.

With Pederson out at Philadelphia, I’m wondering if Jeff Stoutland would be a candidate to come back and takeover for Flood at the Oline position?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Chris Breece
@ChrisBreece

Hearing that Kevin Sumlin met with Nick Saban in Miami. Not sure the substance of the meeting but could be a name to watch in the “Saban coaching rehab program”.

🤔🧐👀
Yeah, with all of the buyout money he's getting, I'm sure this is more the rehab route. He needs it for sure. I remember seeing him at Houston and his future looked bright. I hope he can get a hold of whatever demons are ruling his life.

Reactions: BamaPacacola

Tiderollin32

1st Team
Mar 12, 2012
Sark has started fleshing out his staff at Texas. Sark will still call plays but Flood will carry name of OC with responsibility of O-line. Milwee will handle QB responsibilities.

It was rumored Wiggins and Banks maybe going to Austin but it appears both will remain in Tuscaloosa.

Everything points to O’Brien having the inside track to the job. Sumlin may join as an analyst but don’t see him as an OC candidate. Outside of O’Brien, and possibly Gase and Sumlin, we really don’t know who CNS has spoken with. He’s done a good job of keeping it under his hat. I’m not going to be surprised if it is O’Brien or CNS goes in another direction all together.

With Pederson out at Philadelphia, I’m wondering if Jeff Stoutland would be a candidate to come back and takeover for Flood at the Oline position?
I think Sumlin would be a great WR Coach if Wiggins did leave. Stoutland was a phenomenal coach just average recruiter. I wonder if that will play a factor in who coach will hire. Thanks for the update!

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Sumlin would be a great WR Coach if Wiggins did leave. Stoutland was a phenomenal coach just average recruiter. I wonder if that will play a factor in who coach will hire. Thanks for the update!
I was thinking Stoutland was a lot like Daboll.. just didn't enjoy the collegiate aspect of recruiting. But he's the best OL coach we've had outside of Flood, IMO.