Game Thread: Birmingham Bowl (Houston vs Auburn, ESPN, 11am CST)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It was sudden. Massive MI. We were all watching Encanto in the living room when his wife called Mrs Dub. I beat the ambulance to the hospital by about a minute and the paramedics, bless them, had gotten a pulse just prior to hitting the ramp, but he coded again right as they paged cardiology and they called it well before Mrs Dub, her sister and his wife rolled up. Did manage to get a warning to my brother in law to be ready before the attending came to speak to us.

Small blessing, he did get to see our girls at Christmas Eve Mass the day prior. Cece sat in her grandpa's lap.
We think daddy had one on Wednesday which he believed was reflux from food poisoning. Then he had another Sunday evening at church.

I was over an hour away. I was able to stop near Atalla and FaceTime with him before they took him back for surgery at Gadsden. All the rest of the family was there and able to see him in person. His heart was just too sick at that point for him to make it through surgery.

Everyon talks about cancer sucking, and it does indeed, but heart disease is just awful. It’s still so hard to detect.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Did anyone catch the remarks after the game. Nobody loves a sore loser, but a sore winner is pretty much classified as a jerk. (Houston)
Houston made Auburn look down right classy. Houston complained because Auburn took too long talking to the press. Houston also complained about the food in Birmingham.
Good chance Houston may not be invited back again.
I know that if it was up to me Texas Tech could go elsewhere.

Reactions: B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We think daddy had one on Wednesday which he believed was reflux from food poisoning. Then he had another Sunday evening at church.

I was over an hour away. I was able to stop near Atalla and FaceTime with him before they took him back for surgery at Gadsden. All the rest of the family was there and able to see him in person. His heart was just too sick at that point for him to make it through surgery.

Everyon talks about cancer sucking, and it does indeed, but heart disease is just awful. It’s still so hard to detect.
Heart attacks do not allow much if any time for the family to prepare for the death. Cancer, although spread out and tougher on the patient, let's the family get ready. Prayers for all of you...these are tough, especially at the holidays.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Did anyone catch the remarks after the game. Nobody loves a sore loser, but a sore winner is pretty much classified as a jerk. (Houston)
Houston made Auburn look down right classy. Houston complained because Auburn took too long talking to the press. Houston also complained about the food in Birmingham.
Good chance Houston may not be invited back again.
I know that if it was up to me Texas Tech could go elsewhere.
Not getting invited back to the Birmingham Bowl is punishment?

I get the winning coach should be the top interview in a meaningless bowl. But this is in the other team’s backyard, so there are probably more media following the barn at the game than there are Houston.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.