Bizarre headlines in the news

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Baby formula shortage 🤔
New YorkCNNBusiness —
For months stores nationwide have been struggling to stock enough baby formula. Manufacturers say they’re producing at full capacity and making as much formula as they can, but it’s still not enough to meet current demand.

The out-of-stock rate for baby formula hovered between 2% and 8% in the first half of 2021, but began rising sharply last July. Between November 2021 and early April 2022, the out-of-stock rate jumped to 31%, data from Datasembly showed.

That rate increased another 9 percentage points in just three weeks in April, and now stands at 40%, the statistics show. In six states — Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Texas and Tennessee — more than half of baby formula was completely sold out during the week starting April 24, Datasembly said.
The last time I looked mothers still had titties.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Baby formula shortage 🤔

The last time I looked mothers still had titties.
I know how much you like things black and white, but it's not that simple. There were the supply line problems we've been plagued with and then the Abbot factory producing Similac was forced to shut down because of the bacterial problem. This country is not too generous with working, nursing mothers, so many mothers are forced to switch to formula, just to keep their jobs. There are also a certain number of mothers who either can't produce enough milk to begin with or dry up early. This is at least 5%, probably higher. As I said, the early, simple answer is usually the wrong one...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I assume this was taken by a Mars rover and released by NASA... :)

One of the most recent snaps beamed back from the Curiosity rover on Mars has revealed a rather interesting feature in the rocks: what looks to be a perfectly carved out doorway nestling in the Martian landscape.

As you can see the cover-up is beginning!

Reactions: Chukker Veteran

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks, I won a bet that it would be less than 10 minutes before someone brought up the exception. ;)
T-HV mentioned 5% ish plus single dads which is much lower. What about the rest?
You mean the working poor mothers who can't nurse and keep their jobs. Or do you know anything about them? Or care?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In India, but still...

Parents suing their only child, a son, for not giving them a grandchild?

How about a counter suit pointing out the parents had deprived their son of any siblings.

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.shop !

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!