Bizarre headlines in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A few weeks ago I saw a story on Al.com, about a 500 pound alligator that had been trapped and killed. Human remains were found inside. This horror story stuck with me, so I thought I would see if anybody else saw it and had any thoughts.

I first looked for what might be an appropriate thread to put this in, but didn't see one. My thought was this could serve as a catchall thread for other bizarre headlines, and might have the potential to spur some conversations with a little different flavor.

During the recent storm named Ida, the waters rose and alligators became a safety hazard for the general public. This unfortunate widow was able to rescue her 71 year old husband from an alligator trying to drag him under. She got her husband up on the front porch, and went for help. When she got back he was gone.

Evidently the beast went back after him on the porch and took him back to the water to eat.

So this massive alligator is trapped in the area about a month later and they find human remains inside. I guess the remains are identified with DNA and then turned over to the family for burial.

Human remains found inside 504 pound alligator suspected of killing Louisiana man - al.com

This outdoes any Edger Allen Poe story or any Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A few weeks ago I saw a story on Al.com, about a 500 pound alligator that had been trapped and killed. Human remains were found inside. This horror story stuck with me, so I thought I would see if anybody else saw it and had any thoughts.

I first looked for what might be an appropriate thread to put this in, but didn't see one. My thought was this could serve as a catchall thread for other bizarre headlines, and might have the potential to spur some conversations with a little different flavor.

During the recent storm named Ida, the waters rose and alligators became a safety hazard for the general public. This unfortunate widow was able to rescue her 71 year old husband from an alligator trying to drag him under. She got her husband up on the front porch, and went for help. When she got back he was gone.

Evidently the beast went back after him on the porch and took him back to the water to eat.

So this massive alligator is trapped in the area about a month later and they find human remains inside. I guess the remains are identified with DNA and then turned over to the family for burial.

Human remains found inside 504 pound alligator suspected of killing Louisiana man - al.com

This outdoes any Edger Allen Poe story or any Alfred Hitchcock movie.
How was there anything left after a month? 🤷‍♂️

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It was a closed coffin funeral, I'm sure.
I saw a movie one time where Joe Pesci had dinner with Martin Scorsese's mother and then went into a garage and got whacked by Martin's dad. Shot him in the head so he couldn't have an open casket. I kept waiting for Marlon Brando to come ask Salvatore Corsiti to use all his powers so his mother wouldn't see him that way.

Never mind.....but that's far out.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
  • Sad
Reactions: seebell

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We don't have alligators this far north in Tennessee yet. I don't want to live anywhere where there are reptiles big enough to eat me.

I went on a shark dive in the Bahamas about 26 years ago. We were on the bottom, on our knees with arms folded for about 15 minutes. I was the tallest member of the group. There was a guy dressed head to foot in a wire mesh suit and he was feeding the reef sharks raw chickens. They looked twice my size to me. After taking a chicken they would swim right at my face and wouldn't turn until they were just a few feet from me. It looked like a feeding frenzy you would see on Shark Week. I've never been so scared. I'm not afraid of a lot of animals, but I have a healthy respect for all of them and don't want to die by being eaten.

Damn some alligators.

I wonder why the lady didn't take the man in the house rather than leaving him on the porch?

Reactions: UAH and TIDE-HSV

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We don't have alligators this far north in Tennessee yet. I don't want to live anywhere where there are reptiles big enough to eat me.

I went on a shark dive in the Bahamas about 26 years ago. We were on the bottom, on our knees with arms folded for about 15 minutes. I was the tallest member of the group. There was a guy dressed head to foot in a wire mesh suit and he was feeding the reef sharks raw chickens. They looked twice my size to me. After taking a chicken they would swim right at my face and wouldn't turn until they were just a few feet from me. It looked like a feeding frenzy you would see on Shark Week. I've never been so scared. I'm not afraid of a lot of animals, but I have a healthy respect for all of them and don't want to die by being eaten.

Damn some alligators.

I wonder why the lady didn't take the man in the house rather than leaving him on the porch?
i wonder how many steps were on the porch. Imagine watching that thing climb up the steps knowing it’s coming for you.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This is crazy...I live in alligator country and you stay away from them...they are predators and see you as food. End.Of.Story.
I once heard an idiot say that humans were at the top of the food chain. My reaction was "NO WE ARE NOT!" there are literally dozens of predators that eat us. Some are even know to actually hunt us. In fact there is only one known large predator that will not eat us, the killer whale. Even though they could do it if they really wanted to do it. Iidots with "pet" gators deserve what happens to them. Darwin at work.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I once heard an idiot say that humans were at the top of the food chain. My reaction was "NO WE ARE NOT!" there are literally dozens of predators that eat us. Some are even know to actually hunt us. In fact there is only one known large predator that will not eat us, the killer whale. Even though they could do it if they really wanted to do it. Iidots with "pet" gators deserve what happens to them. Darwin at work.
Well, technically we "are" if we use common sense.

The great white shark isn't going to come and hunt us as it's primary dinner.

(I get what you're saying, though).

I don't want to sound mean, and I obviously didn't root for it - but can I say that I wasn't even remotely surprised at how Steve Irwin died? He toyed with so many animals that you knew it was just a matter of time.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well, technically we "are" if we use common sense.

The great white shark isn't going to come and hunt us as it's primary dinner.

(I get what you're saying, though).

I don't want to sound mean, and I obviously didn't root for it - but can I say that I wasn't even remotely surprised at how Steve Irwin died? He toyed with so many animals that you knew it was just a matter of time.
Lions and bears do hunt people. All the time!

No one was surprised Steve Irwin died. The only thing that was surprising was that a stingray did it. I was sure a croc or gator would eat him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

No one was surprised Steve Irwin died. The only thing that was surprising was that a stingray did it. I was sure a croc or gator would eat him.
Sorry, humans have the easy ability to kill any animal on the planet with the use of technology. These other animals win when humans get stupid.

Reactions: UAH

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lions don't come walking into the suburbs looking for a human to consume. Yeah, they'll get one if there are no gazelles or zebras or whatever around, but it's not like they wake up and say, "Think I'll have a human with my Guiness today."

Reactions: UAH

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
At least if you get bit by a water moccasin the thing won’t eat you while you are dying.

I’m trying to think of another carnivore that is a bigger threat in the suburbs but I don't have one come to mind.

Reactions: seebell
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.