Black Lives Matter thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
In the interview, Trump remarked: "This guy was a violent criminal, and the US Marshals killed him. And I'll tell you something -- that's the way it has to be. There has to be retribution."

This statement is quite disturbing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In the interview, Trump remarked: "This guy was a violent criminal, and the US Marshals killed him. And I'll tell you something -- that's the way it has to be. There has to be retribution."

what part of this don't you get. retribution is a way of manifesting divine providence. it says so in two corinthians

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
what part of this don't you get. retribution is a way of manifesting divine providence. it says so in two corinthians
I never knew that God, or at least the version apparently worshipped by some, was so weak and so duplicitous as to need evil men committing evil deeds for his will to be done on Earth. I question if those people and myself believe in the same god.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Indeed! He's endorsing vigilante justice...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Extra-judicial execution.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are probably more people looking for retribution from him than anyone else right now, so he might not want to give anyone ideas. We live in a crazy world right now and people are not acting rationally.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There are probably more people looking for retribution from him than anyone else right now, so he might not want to give anyone ideas. We live in a crazy world right now and people are not acting rationally.
The president of "law and order" and that advocates for "calm".

Reactions: seebell

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Saban would have been better off not saying anything. Just talk about doing the march with his players and leave it alone. If you are a white guy you are not allowed to say anything else.
Yes. God forbid you should say something uplifting about helping players become men and learn about leadership.

Reactions: UAllday

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When I read his comment I knew someone would be upset about it. He did not word that well. He is probably buried so deeply in his preparation that he does not realize how that single phrase has been used to minimize the cause that he was marching to support.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Saban would have been better off not saying anything. Just talk about doing the march with his players and leave it alone. If you are a white guy you are not allowed to say anything else.
Well, you aren't allowed to use trigger words which have come to have a generally accepted meaning. He thought he could get away with redefining the term...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
When I read his comment I knew someone would be upset about it. He did not word that well. He is probably buried so deeply in his preparation that he does not realize how that single phrase has been used to minimize the cause that he was marching to support.
it seemed like he was trying to say what they said on the video they released several weeks ago, all lives cant matter until black lives matter, and phrased it poorly. i fully expect a run on shoulder chips by the bama faithful though.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would like to know what Dudley has done. Has he donated to charity? Has he started a youth organization? Has he done anything other than refuse to play and post things on twitter?

• Thank You
Reactions: Im_on_dsp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.