Black Lives Matter thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Because the three black people you asked represents the culture of an entire race... what idiots.

After ****ing off just about all their Black employees, the store manager sent an email to apologize. “I truly apologize if the menu came off as subjective. It was created with the best of intentions by a few of our coworkers who believed they were representing their culture and tradition with these foods of celebration.”

Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
white pride trash world-wide

Anti-Blackness is a global phenomenon that rears its ugly head whenever white people are displeased and negroes are involved. That’s why three Black soccer players became victims of racial abuse after they missed penalty kicks while playing for England against Italy in the European Championship shootout on Sunday. Now, the English Football Association is pledging to “stamp discrimination out of the game,” but if you know anything about bigoted and disgruntled sports fans, you know that’s an uphill battle.

• Facepalm
  • Sad
Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
One thing this thread has shown me is just how prevalent blatant racism still is today. I mean open racism, not the 'we don't hire those kind of people' racism which I knew still existed. The 'I didn't know they let black people in here' and screaming racial epithets at sports players is the stuff that I figured was confined to the back-water spots that rarely see the light of modern life.

It's mind-blowing to see the number of small-minded, backwards people who still judge people based on the amount of melanin in their skin.

I feel like this is an important but extremely frustrating (and saddening) thread. It needs to be here and talked about but it reminds me that we're (collectively) a long way from where we need to be...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
One thing this thread has shown me is just how prevalent blatant racism still is today. I mean open racism, not the 'we don't hire those kind of people' racism which I knew still existed. The 'I didn't know they let black people in here' and screaming racial epithets at sports players is the stuff that I figured was confined to the back-water spots that rarely see the light of modern life.

It's mind-blowing to see the number of small-minded, backwards people who still judge people based on the amount of melanin in their skin.

I feel like this is an important but extremely frustrating (and saddening) thread. It needs to be here and talked about but it reminds me that we're (collectively) a long way from where we need to be...
you should have a conversation with my inlaws, racism ended years ago. Candice Owens has told them so

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I've decided that racism is in our DNA as humans due to the fact that we don't even recognize it in ourselves or our culture. Like the air we breathe, as humans we are tribal from nature. We prefer our own to the point that we denigrate other races as inferior as a matter of course. We do not recognize this...but this is who we are. Our failure to recognize this results in our thinking that racism has been conquered or that we are not racist in our thinking. Just because we do not wear a white sheet or shout ugly epithets does not mean that we are not racist. No matter how much we try racism lives in our subconscious. All we can do is recognize that truth and not let it dominate our thinking and actions.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Republicans are claiming that the new voting "security measures" they have passed and want to pass are not the new Jim Crow voting laws because they do not explicitly mention race.
Well, my friends, Jim Crow voting laws intended to prevent Black people from voting also did not explicitly mention race because such measures were forbidden by the 15th Amendment and would have likely been ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS. In spite of this everyone knew and now knows that poll taxes, literacy tests, felony disenfranchisement, and other measures had the intent to be a rose by another name - in other words, by the slightest slight of hand the racists were going to keep Black people from voting no matter how they had to do it.
So if you think Republicans are not intentionally disenfranchising certain voters on purpose you are being willfully ignorant.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this is from that horrific incident last summer. they are charging the victim with assaulting his attackers

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
this is from that horrific incident last summer. they are charging the victim with assaulting his attackers

looks like Candace Owens is right

this country is a mess

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.