News Article: Black Man Killed by Minneapolis PD; Cops Involved Fired

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I recall a shootout story from a number of years ago where the bad guy was hit 22 times from the officers Glock 22 - and was still in the fight.

"Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis’ .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs - considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available - Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream."
Also of note from that confrontation, the officer himself took several wounds, including one in the thigh he didn't become aware of until after the fact. Adrenaline does funny things.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
If Joe Biden would just say that he was for national police reform, and additional laws to limit executive power he would win in the largest landslide ever.

I don't think that the feelings and images from these past few weeks are going to fade easily. These are by far more damning than anything through the covid, which is unfortunate.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If Joe Biden would just say that he was for national police reform, and additional laws to limit executive power he would win in the largest landslide ever.

I don't think that the feelings and images from these past few weeks are going to fade easily. These are by far more damning than anything through the covid, which is unfortunate.
unfortunately, what we see now is likely to pale in comparison to what is coming as **** midas continues to come unglued

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree with all of this, but can also attest to the fact that almost every human being stops whatever they are doing when shot - if they realize that they are shot.

The realities of war (and if you are forced to shoot someone - you are at war) are just too much for most people. It is a brutal thing that most cannot comprehend, even among those forced to participate. Talking about it while calmly sitting on our couches is one thing. When you fear for your life, another person takes your place. Your training has to save your life at that point, because your mind is no longer your own.
Did you really read my FBI link above. The two suspects killed two agents and wounded four more severely, while practically filled with lead. You really should read it for a reality check. And those guys probably weren't up on crystal meth...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

I get what you mean about Biden. He's kind of saying all the right things, but he needs to dial up the emotion just a bit; more importantly, instead of just saying that we must address institutional racism, start setting forth some specific measures.

And from a pragmatic PoV, this might be a good time to announce Harris as his running mate.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I get what you mean about Biden. He's kind of saying all the right things, but he needs to dial up the emotion just a bit; more importantly, instead of just saying that we must address institutional racism, start setting forth some specific measures.

And from a pragmatic PoV, this might be a good time to announce Harris as his running mate.
he gave a pretty good speech today.

and harris is my hope for vp.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
White America, if you want to know who’s responsible for racism, look in the mirror

White women have been telling lies on black men since they were first brought to America in chains in 1619, and white women have been complicit. The most famous liar was Carolyn Bryant, who claimed Emmett Till whistled at her.

One of the main reasons racism thrives is because white people too often miss the most important point. The biggest issue isn’t that a white woman lied. It’s the racist system that allowed Bryant’s husband and his friends to drag Till out of bed, beat him to death and toss his body in the river — without repercussions.

That racist system still exists. That’s why Derek Chauvin refused to take his knee off Floyd’s neck even though he knew he was being filmed. Racists, especially those in uniform, know that the system almost always is on their side. And 400 years of history proves that most white people aren’t in a hurry to reverse it.

Racists are counting on you to continue doing nothing. They are certain that before long, you will return to your blissful state of denial, where racism is somebody else’s problem. And you will not disappoint them.
Racists know some of you better than you know yourselves.

Reactions: MobtownK

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What is amazing is that everything that Trump tries has backfired on him big time, which causes him to double down, which causes it to backfire on him again. It it was not for people getting injured, it would all be quite funny to watch.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Here's the part I have a problem with:

American racism is a uniquely white trait. Black people cannot be racist toward you. Racism, by definition, is “prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.”
I guess if you are going to limit "racism" to prejudice of white against black then she's right. She's probably also not spent any amount of time in Atlanta as a white person either. Atlanta has plenty of African-American residents that just see your white skin and automatically hate you. Prejudice is color blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.