Georgia game

bamatude

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 18, 2004
Does anybody remember when we played Georgia and leading up to the game they announced that it would be a blackout game for them. Then during the mid week presser prior to the game this is how Coach Saban shows up. ...hilarious. Or am I remembering this wrong

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
If Georgia had just shown up in that game. Worn the jerseys and taking the beating I don’t think they would have been made fun of as much. (I’ll admit the black jerseys look kind of cool). But it’s the fact that I remember people making such a big deal like it was gonna help Georgia be better on the field. I remember even auburn fans bragging “bama is in for it now, Georgia is a better team in those black jerseys” I just remember thinking “why wouldn’t they wear them all the time if that’s the case???”

Reactions: Redwood Forrest

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Yeah, I remember this as well and really hoped Bama would lay wood to them. Yes, we did!!! I loved every minute of it!

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If Georgia had just shown up in that game. Worn the jerseys and taking the beating I don’t think they would have been made fun of as much. (I’ll admit the black jerseys look kind of cool). But it’s the fact that I remember people making such a big deal like it was gonna help Georgia be better on the field. I remember even auburn fans bragging “bama is in for it now, Georgia is a better team in those black jerseys” I just remember thinking “why wouldn’t they wear them all the time if that’s the case???”
Un huh just like the people who keep hitting the snooze button every five minutes and claim it is the best sleep they get all night. If true they would hit the snooze ALL NIGHT LONG.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IIRC, in one of Doug Barfield's years as HC at Auburn, he had the team decked out in orange jerseys for one game. I think they lost to whoever they were playing and the orange jerseys have never been seen again. found this:

Reactions: Con

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
IIRC, in one of Doug Barfield's years as HC at Auburn, he had the team decked out in orange jerseys for one game. I think they lost to whoever they were playing and the orange jerseys have never been seen again. found this:
Hah, you posted that link right when I did (edited to remove mine).

Apparently AU went 2-1-1 when wearing orange jerseys under Barfield.

I had no idea they had ever worn orange. Of course, I only lived in Alabama while attending UA, so I don't have the knowledge / built-in hatred for Aubrun many here do. They're kinda like a slightly more competitive USCe in my mind.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.