News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

You have got to be kidding me. You guys are being too nice. He is no longer a player for Alabama and deserves to be ripped apart for this. He was your backup QB. If your starter gets hurt, he has effectively destroyed your season. I have no idea where he will go, but if this is true I hope that he never sees the field again.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

What a crappy thing to do to your teammates a third of the way through a season. Why not finish the year in case your starter gets injured? Doesn't cost you a bit of eligibility.
Why risk injury on a team who clearly has no plans for you? I think its a smart move on his part. Good luck to the young man.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

What Will Lowery said. Most credible coming from a former player.

He had a business decision to make, and I would have understood and supported him at the season's end. But a third of the way through? Please.

Don't think the players on his new team won't take note. Bad, bad look for somebody who wants to be a leader.

Ttown13

Scout Team
Oct 3, 2007

Very sorry to hear this but I don't blame him at all. He is going to be an outstanding quarterback.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

You have got to be kidding me. You guys are being too nice. He is no longer a player for Alabama and deserves to be ripped apart for this. He was your backup QB. If your starter gets hurt, he has effectively destroyed your season. I have no idea where he will go, but if this is true I hope that he never sees the field again.
If he bails like this then my guess is he doesn't have the stones to be the first string qb. Better he fold now than during a game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Why risk injury on a team who clearly has no plans for you? I think its a smart move on his part. Good luck to the young man.
Clearly has no plans for him? Don't be dense. He was a play away from being the guy at Alabama.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Extremely selfish move unless there is something no one knows about, and potentially damaging to our team. There are things I don't like about some kids nowadays.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Trying not to rush to judgement, but it seems in a nutshell BB is a coward and it's all about him. love, love what Will Lowery tweeted.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Right move for him long term but low character move right now. Not finishing the season is just plain sorry and doesn't give off the look that he's a team player at all.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Good luck. You could have benefited from some perseverance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Right move for him long term but low character move right now. Not finishing the season is just plain sorry and doesn't give off the look that he's a team player at all.
I believe this pretty much sums it up for me.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

No, the sky is not falling and the season would not be destroyed if something happened to Hurts; we have Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell and I am confident that Alabama can and would win big with either one of them. The offense would probably change a bit to accommodate the skills of another player, but that's a bit true if Barnett had to play for Hurts too (i.e. Barnett didn't run the RPO plays as good as Hurts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.