News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama's opening game starter at quarterback is no longer with the team.

Redshirt freshman Blake Barnett is transferring and has left the program, sources told AL.com.

While the former five-star recruit opened the season as the Tide's starter, he was pulled following the second series of that opening game in favor of freshman Jalen Hurts.

Barnett had been Hurts' backup since that first game.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

One play away from being the starter and we have a running quarterback.

Of course he could be getting a leg up on a certain OC's destination after this year. Who knows.

Best of luck sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Wow. Kind of surprised because of the timing. Can't say I blame him though. Wish him luck wherever he ends up.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Just looking way ahead this should enable us to keep Tua signed. Clear path for Tua to come to Bama and sit for just one year then take over the starting spot after Hurts..

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

What a crappy thing to do to your teammates a third of the way through a season. Why not finish the year in case your starter gets injured? Doesn't cost you a bit of eligibility.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I wish him well wherever he goes. At the same time, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He will have to sit out next year and then have 2 years left. Might be kind of hard on him when he would've basically not played for 3 seasons!

At the same time, tells me he knew he wasn't good enough to compete with Hurts OR, he just didn't want to give the effort!

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Seeing how he has already played this year can he go to another D1 school and play next year? Or will he have to sit out next year?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Seeing how he has already played this year can he go to another D1 school and play next year? Or will he have to sit out next year?
Wouldn't matter if he had played or not - he won't have graduated so he has to sit a year or go to JUCO (maybe FCS).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So I want to wish him the best, and I do wish him the best, but to me, leaving in the middle of the season is not acceptable.
My thoughts exactly.

This was expected when Jalen passed him, but this timing is bad unless there are some outside circumstances causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.