News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

I hope he transfers somewhere that will allows us to play against him, maybe in the playoffs. I want our defense to break him in half.

This isn't just about him quitting on the team during the season. He and his dad effectively held our team hostage during the offseason so Blake could continue to get more reps.

Ultimately that did nothing but hinder our QB development and I hope we get a chance at payback on the field. /rant

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Idle question--was the Barnett ultimatum delivered before or after the Mo Smith kerfuffle? If afterwards, someone just isn't that bright. If before, it might explain why CNS went postal after Mo's mom called.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

He's going to take up skeet surfing with his fiancee?

OK, now that this thread has died down, and I do not have to worry about derailing it, with yet another of my obscure digressions...............

I have actually seen this movie. Yes, it is a dreadful as it looks.

"And you still watched it, didn't you?"

Hey.............3 AM...........insomnia............they have to put something (other than infomercials) on all those cheesy UHF stations........................

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088286/

The trailer is available, on YouTube, but might not be appropriate forum material.

Joe Bob says "Check it out." Skeet shootin' on a surf board, surfing bimbos, Russian spies, cheesy Cold War spy intrigue, mad scientists, gnarly-looking teen idol, etc. Dude!

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

OK, now that this thread has died down, and I do not have to worry about derailing it, with yet another of my obscure digressions...............

I have actually seen this movie. Yes, it is a dreadful as it looks.

"And you still watched it, didn't you?"
Yes I have and I think it's hilarious. I love Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker films.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

So, now that Barnett is gone, did he find his dream JC to transfer to. I thought he had to do that pretty quickly to use the loophole. Did he end up at Blinn like Scam? Krymsonman

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

So, now that Barnett is gone, did he find his dream JC to transfer to. I thought he had to do that pretty quickly to use the loophole. Did he end up at Blinn like Scam? Krymsonman
I suspect he was limited in his choices given his plan to "graduate " from JUCO in December and enroll again at D1 in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

After some consultation with those a little deeper on the issue. Good riddance.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I sincerely hope that Blake is successful but I really think he's going to seriously regret at some point the way he handled his exit from Alabama.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

A quick Google search turns up nothing. He might not be actually playing football for a JUCO. He might just be attending one like former Baylor QB Jarrett Stidham.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Don't know who does it, Don't know when, but one of these days Blake will be jolted into reality, and realize just how big a mistake he made leaving Alabama.
The best Blake can hope for now is to be a 'Big Fish' in a small pond.
Like leaving Broadway to star in a local little theatre group in Auburn.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Don't know who does it, Don't know when, but one of these days Blake will be jolted into reality, and realize just how big a mistake he made leaving Alabama.
The best Blake can hope for now is to be a 'Big Fish' in a small pond.
Like leaving Broadway to star in a local little theatre group in Auburn.

Kinda like this:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Yes I have and I think it's hilarious. I love Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker films.

The only "problem" with the film................

To truly ascend the ladder of badness, to be really great badness, to where it is a true art form, would be for it to actually be made in the 60s.

But, some of it would have been considered a bit to risque, for back then.

"Totally tubular, dude. Hey.........dude.......where did Blake wander off to? He is missing some awesome waves, man."

Cue Vincent Price showing up for the beach party scene.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.