Bo "Big Mouth" Nix "coming to take head off elephant"

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Facts are that Bama has lost 3 of the last 4 games at JH. I understand Nix confidence. You cannot argue with facts. JH is kryptonite for Saban. Every time we play there the game is a struggle, and the last 4 times we played there we lost 3 times..
They've been very fortunate both on the field and off in their few wins vs Bama under Saban. IMO, the odds are that their good fortune has been exhausted and a nice streak based only on physics, intelligence and character is in the offing. Bama has won 9 of the last 13, but you would think that Bama had lost the majority of the games.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They've been very fortunate both on the field and off in their few wins vs Bama under Saban. IMO, the odds are that their good fortune has been exhausted and a nice streak based only on physics, intelligence and character is in the offing. Bama has won 9 of the last 13, but you would think that Bama had lost the majority of the games.
2013: WE GOT OUTCOACHED
2017: we just got beat. Yes we were banged up but Auburn was really great in November
2019: I don’t generally blame refs but this game I do.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
2013: WE GOT OUTCOACHED
2017: we just got beat. Yes we were banged up but Auburn was really great in November
2019: I don’t generally blame refs but this game I do.
2017 I think of how the Hurts/Tua situation was almost unsolvable. Jalen seemed to have lost his confidence but was the defending OPOY, had just engineered a thrilling comeback vs MSU. How could Saban bench him under those conditions? In the game he was mediocre but Bama was leading toward the end of the 3rd qtr and when AU went ahead Jalen took the team to within AU's 30 3 or 4 times, making it almost impossible to pull him for Tua.

All of that to say if Jalen had just had a good game Bama would have likely won or if he had a bad game CNS could have pulled him in favor of Tua. But we know what happened.

2013 IMO, AU was fortunate that Bama could not convert one FG after another, also the call back on the run inside the 10, CNS understandably lost confidence in the PK and went for it on 4th down, etc. I never felt the FG runback was luck but give AU full credit for that. But it should have never come down to that.

Not saying that AU did not deserve to win any of those games, as they played more talented teams well and they themselves were good except for 2019. But IMO, they were very fortunate in all 4 losses since 2008.

I think that good fortune is over :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
2013 IMO, AU was fortunate that Bama could not convert one FG after another, also the call back on the run inside the 10, CNS understandably lost confidence in the PK and went for it on 4th down, etc. I never felt the FG runback was luck but give AU full credit for that. But it should have never come down to that.
Well the kick was just the crescendo to a horribly coached game. Nuss is one of the worst offensive minds in the ncaa. How many times do you really need to see Yeldon get stuffed by a 11 man box while AJ and Cooper are having record days. The kick was a desperate move in a desperate situation. Gus called the right coverage and the rest is history. But lets not kid ourselves.... had that game went into OT we probably lose. Gus called the game of his life, and we trusted a bad Offensive coordinator... Dont give me the numbers because his playcalling nearly costed us another national championship in 2012.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
2017 I think of how the Hurts/Tua situation was almost unsolvable. Jalen seemed to have lost his confidence but was the defending OPOY, had just engineered a thrilling comeback vs MSU. How could Saban bench him under those conditions? In the game he was mediocre but Bama was leading toward the end of the 3rd qtr and when AU went ahead Jalen took the team to within AU's 30 3 or 4 times, making it almost impossible to pull him for Tua.

All of that to say if Jalen had just had a good game Bama would have likely won or if he had a bad game CNS could have pulled him in favor of Tua. But we know what happened.

Not saying that AU did not deserve to win any of those games, as they played more talented teams well and they themselves were good except for 2019. But IMO, they were very fortunate in all 4 losses since 2008.

I think that good fortune is over :)
I disagree strongly. It was just like the BCS CG with Georgia. Had Tua went in at Auburn we would have won. i was so upset at the Auburn mass suicide at JH that I almost gave up football. i told my wife I am done and going to bed. If Tua starts the second half come get me. If not then don't bother. I was a happy camper when she came and said you got your wish.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I disagree strongly. It was just like the BCS CG with Georgia. Had Tua went in at Auburn we would have won. i was so upset at the Auburn mass suicide at JH that I almost gave up football. i told my wife I am done and going to bed. If Tua starts the second half come get me. If not then don't bother. I was a happy camper when she came and said you got your wish.
People often ask me of what my favorite games that I attended and are shocked to know it’s not the 2017 CFPNCG. Yes it had the greatest endings but it was hell to sit through with all the Dawg fans drunk and liquored up all around us.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It’s absolutely the wrong quote for media days. Nix should’ve come in, said some cookie cutter stuff on out trying to get better, loving the energy of the néw staff, blah blah, looking forward to the first game, etc. He blew it. Alabama lives rent free in their heads, and with the firing of Gus it seems to have only gotten worse.

Let’s be real: if they don’t do it this year with essentially an entirely new offensive side of the football going into JH, it might be a while before it happens again.

Reactions: BamaMoon

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I agree that if Tua was inserted Bama would have likely won but IMO, it was difficult to pull Jalen because of reasons stated. In the UGA game Jalen was completely ineffective, thus making the decision to insert Tua much easier. Anyway that game was another example of AU's good fortune vs Bama - that circumstances were such that Saban could not justify pulling Jalen.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Well the kick was just the crescendo to a horribly coached game. Nuss is one of the worst offensive minds in the ncaa. How many times do you really need to see Yeldon get stuffed by a 11 man box while AJ and Cooper are having record days. The kick was a desperate move in a desperate situation. Gus called the right coverage and the rest is history. But lets not kid ourselves.... had that game went into OT we probably lose. Gus called the game of his life, and we trusted a bad Offensive coordinator... Dont give me the numbers because his playcalling nearly costed us another national championship in 2012.
The worst thing was not letting our star senior quarterback do his thing. We should have had 3 titles in a row.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
SIAP, but I see Bo was picked 3rd string SEC QB.

Anybody here (other than our Barner poster) think he'll be better than BY by the end of the season???

BTW, how stupid is it to say such crap and provide bulletin board material to your state rival.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't really care, to be honest. Now had he said Nick Saban was a hamster and Bryce Young smelt of elderberries, that'd be over the line.
Why talk about Alabama and not your own team, unless Alabama is really in your head??? You know this wasn't smart.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think Auburn has lot of issues they need to worry about than to make a comment about Alabama.
I don't think they will field a team against Alabama in Novemeber if what coach said was true...

Reactions: colbysullivan

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
"This just in. D1 athlete confident in his abilities."
I'd rather he say, 'We are going to get our tails kicked come November," but that is probably not realistic to expect an Auburn player to say that. If an Auburn player did say that publicly, I'd expect his coach to suggest he play elsewhere.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Facts are that Bama has lost 3 of the last 4 games at JH. I understand Nix confidence. You cannot argue with facts. JH is kryptonite for Saban. Every time we play there the game is a struggle, and the last 4 times we played there we lost 3 times..
Questionable officiating more than anything else. It's always been that way down there...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
"This just in. D1 athlete confident in his abilities."
Quite a bit of difference in saying "We're pretty good this year, I've got a year of mediocre performance under my belt and will be better this year and we are confident we can (will) beat that crimson team this year" ... and....

affirming that "we're going to behead their mascot" ... which isn't exactly "just D1 confidence" ;)

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Isn’t that like me saying “Auburn hasn’t beat Alabama in a year ending in the number 1 since the early 20th century. Years ending in one are kryptonite for auburn. You can’t argue with facts” I mean it’s factually true but it doesn’t have much bearing on this years iron bowl.

Edit: 1901 by the way. The last time auburn won a iron bowl in a year that ended in the number 1.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.