Brag On Your Kid(s)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
My son finished first grade a week or so ago now. He started in November at this school because we hadn't heard about it until October, and my wife and I made an "A for effort" attempt at homeschooling. He really enjoyed it and we've loved the school too. It's clear he's come farther with that school than he would have with us. Thankfully we didn't do too much damage. :ROFLMAO:

Here are the comments on his end-of-the-year assessment from his teacher. Bear in mind I have a BA and MS in Geography so I'm particularly proud of what I highlighted in yellow. He is a little mini-me, though he groans and rolls his eyes when my wife or I say it to him. :LOL:

IMG_9365.jpg

IMG_9366.jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My son finished first grade a week or so ago now. He started in November at this school because we hadn't heard about it until October, and my wife and I made an "A for effort" attempt at homeschooling. He really enjoyed it and we've loved the school too. It's clear he's come farther with that school than he would have with us. Thankfully we didn't do too much damage. :ROFLMAO:

Here are the comments on his end-of-the-year assessment from his teacher. Bear in mind I have a BA and MS in Geography so I'm particularly proud of what I highlighted in yellow. He is a little mini-me, though he groans and rolls his eyes when my wife or I say it to him. :LOL:

View attachment 16730

View attachment 16731
Very cool! Back in the 60's when I was still in elementary school, my Dad had a game he played at the dinner table where he'd name a state and we (my older brother and I) would name the capital. There were always a few states that gave me trouble! Last year I printed out a list of our states and their capitals and I keep it in the sun visor of my truck just to stay up on it. We lost Dad in '68 to brain cancer but he was so smart and a good father, as I'm sure you are as well @Zorak , and many others here.

I love this thread! Please keep the posts coming!

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Very cool! Back in the 60's when I was still in elementary school, my Dad had a game he played at the dinner table where he'd name a state and we (my older brother and I) would name the capital. There were always a few states that gave me trouble! Last year I printed out a list of our states and their capitals and I keep it in the sun visor of my truck just to stay up on it. We lost Dad in '68 to brain cancer but he was so smart and a good father, as I'm sure you are as well @Zorak , and many others here.

I love this thread! Please keep the posts coming!
He's been quizzing ME on the states, and sometimes countries. It's mostly easy so I play along, but sometimes he stumps me. (Though when he stumps me he words it funny...yeah, that's the ticket!)

Reactions: Bazza

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Lily has been keeping busy this summer. She's continuing to go to swim practice nearly every day. She started taking piano lessons again. She's also been taking surfing lessons. And she's started working at a formal job. She is a tutor at Kumon Learning Center and earns $10/hour. Not bad for a 15-year-old, although Lily did ask me if she should hold out for $15 because she has six babies and four baby daddies to support.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
She's also been taking surfing lessons.
The sport has really taken off for the ladies. Been that way for quite a while but seeing more and more in social media. Very inspiring!

The surf lately has been very typical for summer in Florida. Tiny and glassy - which is perfect for beginners.

Here's a pic I took last week of a bunch of youngsters learning in our area.....I was up on a ladder pruning a palm tree when I took these.....

IMG_1232.JPGIMG_1233.JPG

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
The surf has been mild and Lily has had a pretty easy time with lessons. A friend of hers has also been taking lessons this summer, so she has a peer that is at her level. I'll get Lily her own surfboard soon, so she can continue to improve and her own (and with her friend). She may not realize it yet, but she's picking up a lot of hobbies that will serve her well. :)

Reactions: Bazza and Con

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Lily made the wrestling team. She is starting from zero at learning the amateur wrestling moves but is enthusiastic (so far). Lily has a thin, willowy physique. But, at 5' 8 1/2" (doctor says she's still growing and may reach 5"10") she's just pushed the smaller girls over in tryouts. I'm having her watch videos of Ric Flair and learning her up on the figure-four leg lock. Woooooooooo!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Lily made the wrestling team. She is starting from zero at learning the amateur wrestling moves but is enthusiastic (so far). Lily has a thin, willowy physique. But, at 5' 8 1/2" (doctor says she's still growing and may reach 5"10") she's just pushed the smaller girls over in tryouts. I'm having her watch videos of Ric Flair and learning her up on the figure-four leg lock. Woooooooooo!

That's awesome!!!

You gotta get her "Vision Quest"! Just a great movie all around but definitely a must see for any wrestler!

Reactions: Con and Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Lily left last week for STEM/Medical camp at the University of Maryland. She's geeked out over the experience - flying by herself for the first time, living in dorms for a couple of weeks, taking advanced classes, etc. We're letting her stay longer to visit with the friends she made from pre-k to 7th grade.

Having just finished her sophomore year, she was able to take two AP classes. She got A's in both and just got her scores back to see if she'll get college credit. She nailed both! She'll be taking four or five AP classes next year. She should easily have a semester of college credits (and maybe a year's worth) by the time she's done with high school. She's smart like her daddy! :D

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Lily left last week for STEM/Medical camp at the University of Maryland. She's geeked out over the experience - flying by herself for the first time, living in dorms for a couple of weeks, taking advanced classes, etc. We're letting her stay longer to visit with the friends she made from pre-k to 7th grade.

Having just finished her sophomore year, she was able to take two AP classes. She got A's in both and just got her scores back to see if she'll get college credit. She nailed both! She'll be taking four or five AP classes next year. She should easily have a semester of college credits (and maybe a year's worth) by the time she's done with high school. She's smart like her daddy! :D

Fantastic - you have much to be proud of!

Please continue to keep us posted, Bodhi.

Best ~Bazza

• Heart
Reactions: Bodhisattva and Con

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Tell Lily great job. Doing well on the AP tests will save her/you lots of money in a few years. Her hard work is paying off already.

• Heart
Reactions: Bodhisattva

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.