Braves postseason needs losses and acquisitions

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
You have your opinion and I have mine. There is no point wishing or hoping the Braves spend like the top teams, it's not going to happen. So, if that's the case, then you don't blow up your farm system for a 1 year chance because, if you still fail, now you've got nothing in the bank.

I think this is a good team, a playoff bound team. Why throw in the towel before the first spring training game has even been played?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You have your opinion and I have mine. There is no point wishing or hoping the Braves spend like the top teams, it's not going to happen. So, if that's the case, then you don't blow up your farm system for a 1 year chance because, if you still fail, now you've got nothing in the bank.

I think this is a good team, a playoff bound team. Why throw in the towel before the first spring training game has even been played?
For me, it isn't about throwing in the towel, it is about getting my hopes up again. The Braves are just like every other GA team - they get your hopes up and then crash and burn, often right at the finish line.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Not throwing in the towel. It is just that I have seen this movie before. FYI, it doesn't end well. I just do not get why people want to hold out hope that maybe one or two guys in the farm system might be good one day in the distant future. I want to win now not maybe 3 years from now.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't get why the Braves front office and apparently some fans covet the unknown so much.
Cole Hamels and Ozuna weren't bad picks, but we cant think we couldn't have done a little better with getting another quality arm or going after Kris Bryant. I really think Donaldson was asking for way too much at his age to really pull the trigger, but Carmago and Riley are way too unknown to get warm and fuzzies about being quality replacements.

I really don't expect us to be the Mets and Phillies on acquisitions, but at the same time we must address our problems. I think we did a great job in fortifying our bullpen, but we really needed two good starters and a 3rd baseman to go along with it. Had we got Hamels and Mad Bum then I would've felt better. I think Kris Bryant maybe the best option at this point to make a late splash.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not throwing in the towel. It is just that I have seen this movie before. FYI, it doesn't end well. I just do not get why people want to hold out hope that maybe one or two guys in the farm system might be good one day in the distant future. I want to win now not maybe 3 years from now.
I grew up a Braves fan, and they will always be my #1 team, but moving to Omaha for the military got me into following the Royals. I saw guys like Hosmer, Gordon, Perez, and Moustakas as rookies on Thirsty Thursdays, and was like "Man if they could ever solve their pitching issues and get another bat then this could be a team that is going to be a tough out in October". Well the GM gambled away their farm system and won a WS. I think many people are too concerned about being the Pirates and not willing to risk to be the Royals. At some point the Braves need to realize that they aren't a small market team, and gamble a little or else its going to be the same old song and dance.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
FYI Braves fans, or baseball fans, who use YouTube TV (like me).

As of February 29, YTTV will no longer carry any of the Fox Regional Sports networks and YES Network due to a dispute with Sinclair (who now owns the Fox RSNs). This sucks because even with MLB.TV that I get through T-Mobile, the MLBs archaic blackout restriction prevents me from seeing Braves games through the service. So, no I'm faced with not being able to watch the Braves at all this year.

I've loved YTTV for the few years I've had it but, I refuse to continue to pay if I can't watch the Braves. I'll give them until a few days before the season starts to work this mess out, otherwise I'll be switching to Hulu Live TV (which is the only remaining streaming service with the RSNs). This isn't a great option because the Hulu interface sucks an their DVR is crap compared to YTTV.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Félix Hernández has joined the list of major leaguers opting out of the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Nick Markakis opted out today as well.

Also worth noting that 4 Braves players have tested positive for COVID-19; Freddie Freeman, Will Smith, Touki Toussaint and Pete Kozma.

The teams have just started to come together and already 4 Braves have COVID-19 plus, more and more players opting out each day. No chance at all that the MLB finishes this season. I bet it is canceled within 2 weeks of starting, if it even starts at this rate.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nick Markakis opted out today as well.

Also worth noting that 4 Braves players have tested positive for COVID-19; Freddie Freeman, Will Smith, Touki Toussaint and Pete Kozma.

The teams have just started to come together and already 4 Braves have COVID-19 plus, more and more players opting out each day. No chance at all that the MLB finishes this season. I bet it is canceled within 2 weeks of starting, if it even starts at this rate.
Freeman is apparently pretty sick from it, though he has not been hospitalized.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think with Freeman and Smith getting it, it really shows that we are in for a sham championship if we continue. I can honestly see a path for the Royals vs Marlins because all the star talent gets it at the wrong time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.