Game Thread: Braves vs Cardinals

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, real nice that my MLB network is somehow still set on Eastern time, so I thought the game started an hour later than it actually did. Look up and we got a quick touchdown it seems.

Those hats are atrocious.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We tried to give it away. The prince of Dairy Air loaded the bases with us up 6-3 and somehow managed to strike out Arando and get Puljos to win the game. 6-3

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
We tried to give it away. The prince of Dairy Air loaded the bases with us up 6-3 and somehow managed to strike out Arando and get Puljos to win the game. 6-3
I won’t say he “never” has a clean inning (he had one a few appearances back) but my lord it seems can’t come in without putting the game in doubt at some point.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I won’t say he “never” has a clean inning (he had one a few appearances back) but my lord it seems can’t come in without putting the game in doubt at some point.
One of the games vs the Reds we were beating them pretty good and then he comes in and finds a way to put the winning run on in the 9th.

Yates and Jansen can’t get back soon enough

Reactions: CB4

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Pallante has been pulled out of the bullpen and put into the starting rotation. He has pitched pretty well, but is 2-3 and not a starting pitcher.

I don't know the guy the Cardinals have in RF. He managed a solo shot HR last night, but looked lost at the plate the rest of the night.

I went to bed after the top of the 8th.

Tomorrow nights pitching matchup, Miles Micholas v Max Fried, should be the best of the series.

I haven't been watching the Braves very much. Still PO'd about them letting Freeman go after winning a WS.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tomorrow nights pitching matchup, Miles Micholas v Max Fried, should be the best of the series.
Probably so. I miss the fact that Flathery is still hurt. He was fun to watch. But for whatever reason the Braves play out of their minds with Fried. Fried maybe the biggest surprise to me. Ask me two to three years ago and I would say he is a #3 or #4 guy but now he may well be the best pitcher in the NL or at the very least in the conversation.

Well that’s on Freeman more than anyone else. His agent and him can act like they were unaware that the Braves were about to pull the trigger on Olsen all they want but it’s not like neither had the phone numbers of AA , Snitker, and Mcguirk. Threatening a 24 hour window is not a way to do business with a team you allegedly want to stay with.

Honestly I would have no problem with him leaving to the Dodgers, I would have been annoyed but would have gotten over it like I did when Glavine went to the Mets. But when he sold us out to Plashkie and Hernandez and the LA Times I was done with Freddie Freeman.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Probably so. I miss the fact that Flathery is still hurt. He was fun to watch. But for whatever reason the Braves play out of their minds with Fried. Fried maybe the biggest surprise to me. Ask me two to three years ago and I would say he is a #3 or #4 guy but now he may well be the best pitcher in the NL or at the very least in the conversation.

Well that’s on Freeman more than anyone else. His agent and him can act like they were unaware that the Braves were about to pull the trigger on Olsen all they want but it’s not like neither had the phone numbers of AA , Snitker, and Mcguirk. Threatening a 24 hour window is not a way to do business with a team you allegedly want to stay with.

Honestly I would have no problem with him leaving to the Dodgers, I would have been annoyed but would have gotten over it like I did when Glavine went to the Mets. But when he sold us out to Plashkie and Hernandez and the LA Times I was done with Freddie Freeman.
I agree and am pretty well aware of the situation. Both parties are guilty, but it never should have gone this far. Freeman was this team's Hank Aaron. Nothing like this had ever happened with the Braves. IMO, the Braves aren't going to miss Freddie for long if at all.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree and am pretty well aware of the situation. Both parties are guilty, but it never should have gone this far. Freeman was this team's Hank Aaron. Nothing like this had ever happened with the Braves. IMO, the Braves aren't going to miss Freddie for long if at all.
Well we also let Dale Murphy and Glavine go. So with guys who want contracts that are huge at the end of their career they really need to understand that Atlanta isn’t exactly the Yankees or Dodgers money wise but they aren’t the A’s and Royals either.

There really are few Aaron’s and Chippers these days. However it is worth noting that Hank played for two organizations but no one really thinks about his brewer two year stint.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.