Game Thread: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Just ridiculous...I feared they would lose today, but not like this. They are making improvements obviously to have gotten where they did, but they have a long way to go.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I sure didnt think they would crap their pants they way they have so far :( theyve had a great season for this kind of showing

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Braves saw some outstanding pitchers all year but certainly for the last 4 months. Saw them fall out of sight from the 5th thru the 9th (batting order) from July to about early September. Acuna (1st) thru Donaldson(4th) carried them for a time. Comes a time when everyone has to hit the ball. Didn't matter tonight.....but the 1st inning would have killed ANY team. 10 runs. Seriously? Top of the 1st?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Folty had this type of meltdown earlier in the year. It got him sent to the minors. I know some people think 3 days rest is no biggie but it is even more problematic than ever before. Teams don’t pitch their guys late anymore. They aren’t used to long games, high pitch counts, or pitching while fatigued. His pitches have NO movement whenever he’s not full speed. He and others become batting practice. The new owners seem committed so it’ll be interesting to see if they look to build around Soroka as the new number one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Folty had this type of meltdown earlier in the year. It got him sent to the minors. I know some people think 3 days rest is no biggie but it is even more problematic than ever before. Teams don’t pitch their guys late anymore. They aren’t used to long games, high pitch counts, or pitching while fatigued. His pitches have NO movement whenever he’s not full speed. He and others become batting practice. The new owners seem committed so it’ll be interesting to see if they look to build around Soroka as the new number one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He had 4 days rest: pitch game 2, off day, games 3&4, off day, pitch game 5. The game 1 & 4 pitcher has only 3 days - like Keuchel.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Pitchers have bad days, but what happened yesterday was simple, after Folty struggles and the team got down early, everyone quit - in a playoff game, at home.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I guess I’m the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationals’ pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, it’s going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I guess I’m the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationals’ pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, it’s going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.
Sorry, don't care right now.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
You are not alone. Grew up in STL- life long Cardinal fan. Happy for this team.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Congratulations. I hate losing but having coached baseball a long time, you realize there are some days and some games where it is just “their day”. And that was it. You “tip your cap”, move on, and say to yourself “get “em next time”.

I will say that most of my Card fan buddies were ready to burn the front office in effigy after not making moves to shore up the team prior to the trade deadline.

Looks now like they knew what they were doing.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Sorry to our Cards fans but, after that video they made last night, I hope the Nats bury the stinking birds six feet under. As a Braves fan, that is painful to say because I can’t stand the Nats but, that video was pathetic. Say that stuff privately in a locker room, fine, but stream it live. Screw the Cards!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sorry to our Cards fans but, after that video they made last night, I hope the Nats bury the stinking birds six feet under. As a Braves fan, that is painful to say because I can’t stand the Nats but, that video was pathetic. Say that stuff privately in a locker room, fine, but stream it live. Screw the Cards!
I just don't see the Cardinals beating the Nats. They basically wasted Flaherty. The Nats's lineup is just like the Braves in dangerous hitting, but unlike the Braves they are hot. What really complicates things is that the Nats can save their best pitchers for the home stand and still be in good shape. I just think the Nationals are probably one of the best teams in baseball, and that's not being prisoner of the moment. Ive said that all year. The Braves only won the east because Sherzer got hurt and the Nats didn't take the Marlins seriously. The Nats were the best team in the East.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
I've lived in Northern Virginia 21 years and the Nats are my second team. I was talking all kinds of stuff last night when Kendrick made the error at second. I turned the channel and missed his grand slam.

Go Nats.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've lived in Northern Virginia 21 years and the Nats are my second team. I was talking all kinds of stuff last night when Kendrick made the error at second. I turned the channel and missed his grand slam.

Go Nats.
Well you do get a chance at revenge for that 2012 blunder against the Cards. My only advice is dont waste it like the Braves did.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Loved baseball all my life. Weird things happen. I am ok with the Cards. I always loved watching Ozzie Smith and others that played in the late 60s. Ozzie was much later, but man what a player. But I have never seen a game or even one inning like the top of the 1st yesterday. Game was over, and everyone in that stadium knew it. Cards have really good pitching. Anybody seen my foam tomahawk?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.