Game Thread: Braves vs Giants

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really hate Will Smith and Snitker.
But I’m sure we will hear… “it’s Liberty’s fault”, “he Is doing the best with our roster that anyone can”, and “who else could we get”.

Newsflash: Liberty spends above the League average for a team, and it doesn’t take a moron to figure out Will Smith sucks in the clutch. Jeez try something, and stop being a complete stubborn old goat.

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Interestingly I was on a flight last week sitting next to fellow that was special assistant to the GM for a major league club. He started as a scout for this club almost 30 years ago. We talked a bunch of baseball in the course of the two hour flight.
The subject of “corporately owned teams” like the Braves and Liberty Media came up. He said to me “With our club I can still pick up the phone and call the owner at anytime…GM anytime..Director of Farm System anytime. We truly are a team. Yes, we have to make financially prudent decisions but we always take into account how that decision puts us into a better position to win in the future. When the GM makes a decision, the owner wants that to be the foremost goal.”

“We traded a star player (won’t say the name) to start the season. I hated it because I scouted and signed him. I’m still very close with his family. But we looked at what we had around him and we realized we are still a couple of years from getting where we need to be. But the decision was made by the owner, the player and those of us that really know the game.”

“If we ever become “corporately owned” it’s time for me to go. I’m about winning. My impression of those clubs? Not so much.”

As to AA and Liberty he said “I know Alex. He’s a smart guy. He wants to win and win big. But I do sense he is “hamstrung” many times by ownership. I don’t know that for a fact it is just my opinion looking at it from the outside.
Really a great guy. A really fun couple of hours.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Interestingly I was on a flight last week sitting next to fellow that was special assistant to the GM for a major league club. He started as a scout for this club almost 30 years ago. We talked a bunch of baseball in the course of the two hour flight.
The subject of “corporately owned teams” like the Braves and Liberty Media came up. He said to me “With our club I can still pick up the phone and call the owner at anytime…GM anytime..Director of Farm System anytime. We truly are a team. Yes, we have to make financially prudent decisions but we always take into account how that decision puts us into a better position to win in the future. When the GM makes a decision, the owner wants that to be the foremost goal.”

“We traded a star player (won’t say the name) to start the season. I hated it because I scouted and signed him. I’m still very close with his family. But we looked at what we had around him and we realized we are still a couple of years from getting where we need to be. But the decision was made by the owner, the player and those of us that really know the game.”

“If we ever become “corporately owned” it’s time for me to go. I’m about winning. My impression of those clubs? Not so much.”

As to AA and Liberty he said “I know Alex. He’s a smart guy. He wants to win and win big. But I do sense he is “hamstrung” many times by ownership. I don’t know that for a fact it is just my opinion looking at it from the outside.
Really a great guy. A really fun couple of hours.
Liberty probably is a roadblock to getting in the Wheeler type sweepstakes but they spend well above the average on salaries. The blame Liberty take only goes so far. Snitker has costed us atleast 30 games this year on decision making alone. This team is good enough to win the East by 10 but will probably risk everything on the last week of the season.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Liberty probably is a roadblock to getting in the Wheeler type sweepstakes but they spend well above the average on salaries. The blame Liberty take only goes so far. Snitker has costed us atleast 30 games this year on decision making alone. This team is good enough to win the East by 10 but will probably risk everything on the last week of the season.
Oh I’m certainly not excusing Snit. I’ve been as critical of him as anyone. And I agree about his decision making. Which begs the question of “why is he still there?”. Is that AA’s decision or is Liberty in the driver’s seat?

You know how it is. I’ve worked for a company for the last 10 years that has gone from 200 employees to over 500 now. Ten years ago, we were agile and the folks that made the decisions were the ones closest to the problem/opportunity. Now we stumble all over ourselves with the “Peter Principle” operating at the highest level.

Look I’m not the most astute observer of the game, but I do recognize when Snit craps all over himself. The Braves has the chance prior to the All Star break to pull the trigger. The team was floundering. You lose Acuna. Then you make trades to steady the ship but you leave “Captain Snit” at helm?

It’s stupid.

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh I’m certainly not excusing Snit. I’ve been as critical of him as anyone. And I agree about his decision making. Which begs the question of “why is he still there?”. Is that AA’s decision or is Liberty in the driver’s seat?

You know how it is. I’ve worked for a company for the last 10 years that has gone from 200 employees to over 500 now. Ten years ago, we were agile and the folks that made the decisions were the ones closest to the problem/opportunity. Now we stumble all over ourselves with the “Peter Principle” operating at the highest level.

Look I’m not the most astute observer of the game, but I do recognize when Snit craps all over himself. The Braves has the chance prior to the All Star break to pull the trigger. The team was floundering. You lose Acuna. Then you make trades to steady the ship but you leave “Captain Snit” at helm?

It’s stupid.
AA I’m on the fence with. This year his moves at the deadline saved our season but last year they killed it. Sometimes I wonder if he is too gunshy on pitchers. Had we gotten minor, gausman, or Lynn at the deadline last year then we would have another red banner in the outfield.

Liberty isn’t absolved of blame, but Im just getting annoyed that it’s being used to keep a manager that is costing us more games than the lack of support from the owners ever has. People like Sallee and the A club buffet eaters keep this narrative going, but ask yourself… with as much crap that the Yankees are giving Boone how many wins would both clubs have if we both swapped managers?

Reactions: CB4

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I went to bed after the top of the 10th because I knew the Braves would lose. I’ll say what I said on Reddit. MLB could let the Braves put a runner half way between 3rd and home and they still wouldn’t score in extra innings.

Where is the urgency on this team? They looked half asleep last night. You’re trying to win a division and it looks like they want to be somewhere else. So little energy out of the dugout. And the continued use of Smith as closer, it’s like no one really wants to win this thing. Snit is the only manager in this league that would continue to throw Smith as a closer in a division race. I’m not saying I’d make a good manager but everyone could see months ago that Smith didn’t have closer stuff. Snit’s stubbornness to adjust should get him fired.

I’m at the point where I hope they lose the division because watching this train wreck in the post season will be even more depressing. Lose now and please fire Snit!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I went to bed after the top of the 10th because I knew the Braves would lose. I’ll say what I said on Reddit. MLB could let the Braves put a runner half way between 3rd and home and they still wouldn’t score in extra innings.

Where is the urgency on this team? They looked half asleep last night. You’re trying to win a division and it looks like they want to be somewhere else. So little energy out of the dugout. And the continued use of Smith as closer, it’s like no one really wants to win this thing. Snit is the only manager in this league that would continue to throw Smith as a closer in a division race. I’m not saying I’d make a good manager but everyone could see months ago that Smith didn’t have closer stuff. Snit’s stubbornness to adjust should get him fired.

I’m at the point where I hope they lose the division because watching this train wreck in the post season will be even more depressing. Lose now and please fire Snit!
Maybe they want to end the season so they can watch football?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.