Braves vs mets 08/15 - 08/18

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The bats were hot last night. I'm glad the delay wasn't too long and Strider stayed in there.

We really need to win again tonight with Sherzer and deGrom coming up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Aside from their Big 2, their closer, their manager, and shortstop the Mets are vastly inferior in talent and quality than the Braves. But you could make the argument that Fried isn’t that far from Scherzer, and Swanson is comparable to Lindor. The Mets are not a WS team.

Really the Braves should be up 5-7 games on the Mets and this series should have been the eulogy of their title hopes. But we have Brian Snitker as a manager and they have Buck Showalter. Thank god Alex took a lot of the pieces that Snitker loves to use away from him.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well we won the 2 we couldn’t seem to win in the past 2 series with the Mets so that’s reassuring. Now for the real test…. Have we really learned anything about facing Scherzer and DeGrom? Because we seemed absolutely lost after facing these two pitchers we have seen for over a decade last week.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Yep, we won the two we had to win. We need to find a way to get one more. I hope it is tonight with the way deGrom has looked so far. Odorizzi is worrisome though.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Nothing like spotting Scherzer four runs in the first two innings. Guess I can go back to my online “Progressive Knitting and Candle Making for Fun and Profit” self study course….

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, this games is over.

Odorizzi is a bust of a trade. Time to send him packing IMO. Too bad we didn’t get him from Walmart. They take anything back even without a receipt.
Atleast Snitker doesn’t have Will Smith but hopefully we have a better version of Anderson or a big surprise from Soroka in the coming weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.