Thread on Trump's removal of classified documents...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
We watch Glenn Kirchner's comments almost daily. One comment I would make is that if the organizations such as the NSA, CIA and Defense Department who are responsible for gathering and classifying intelligence do not have complete records of exactly which documents went into the White House and were not returned then the system is completely broken and subject to abuse at many levels.

Reactions: TexasBama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We watch Glenn Kirchner's comments almost daily. One comment I would make is that if the organizations such as the NSA, CIA and Defense Department who are responsible for gathering and classifying intelligence do not have complete records of exactly which documents went into the White House and were not returned then the system is completely broken and subject to abuse at many levels.
They generally are logged. That's the way they knew how many were missing. Now, is it perfect? I doubt it...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I had to delete your second reference, since it was a trap page with a trojan. I would note several things. First, those analyses have been around for decades, mostly by people who have a built-in prejudice against the US. If you've been outside the country and had in depth discussion with Europeans, you'd see what I mean. Look up the health ratings and you'll find France at the top, yet my daughter is moving back from there to the US, to keep the French health system from killing her. Finally, you're arguing apples to oranges. We started out talking about the legal system, in which I stand by my words. I would not want to stand trial in any of those highly-ranked democracies. Few even have jury trial. OTOH, the main down-rating of the US has always been our biased representation of rural America over number of votes. This is a major and deserved criticism, bordering on disgrace, IMO. In many of those democracies, "one man = one vote" is a reality. It isn't here...
I am glad that you spotted the trojan that I missed before it could do damage. Since I have never attempted to compare or rank countries, I will need to study democracy ratings. I would guess that most have built-in bias of some sort. Emigration around the globe might provide a leveler effect to these ratings.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I am glad that you spotted the trojan that I missed before it could do damage. Since I have never attempted to compare or rank countries, I will need to study democracy ratings. I would guess that most have built-in bias of some sort. Emigration around the globe might provide a leveler effect to these ratings.
Good points above. A reasonable person would assume that the intelligence agencies would have a means of tracking documents. I would like to be the fly on the wall!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good points above. A reasonable person would assume that the intelligence agencies would have a means of tracking documents. I would like to be the fly on the wall!
The logging has been mentioned a number of time. IF it depended on good faith compliance by Trump, obviously it's buggy...

Reactions: UAH

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Here’s a good thread by Seth Abramsom on the special master ruling

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, I know it's Labor Day and nobody posted that I can see - and I'm not as smart as those lawyer guys (and gals) BUT.....

Well, his forum-shopping paid off. He managed to find a judge (his appointee) unfamiliar with executive privilege. After reading the whole opinion, he hit the jackpot with his forum-shopping. Without his attorney's even asking, she basically enjoined the entire criminal proceeding against him...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here’s a good thread by Seth Abramsom on the special master ruling

Excellent! I agree with every word...

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
Boy, oh boy!! That Trump and his guys are sure slippery devils.
If this ruling holds, will Trump use the missing documents as a negotiation tool, provided that Trump still has possession of them?

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
They have done a good job circling their wagons, and bogus skirmishes when needed.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.