BREAKING: Raekwon Davis Suffers Minor Gunshot Wound

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The place he went to was showing the McGregor-Mayweather fight for $5. Can't blame him. The establishment's management says (and their security cameras confirm) that he wasn't shot on their premises but at a nearby gas station. Stuff happens. He'll be fine. We'll be fine.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Ok, if you want to see the prize fight go, but stay away from one of the most notorious places in town. Being "uncooperative" with TPD is not a crime and not a sin. And in my experience certain police forces will say that even if you have told the story three times, are tired of fooling with them and finally say "I'm not saying anything else. Arrest me or I'm going home." At least it doesn't sound like he was in a fracas and he didn't get charged with anything.

But I'm disinclined to give RD too much of the benefit of the doubt. He was out late, at a bar where shootings are not all that unusual, underage, a week before arguably the biggest opening game in college football history. He got in the way of a stray bullet and however minor the wound that means he was inches from serious injury or worse. Wise up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The place he went to was showing the McGregor-Mayweather fight for $5. Can't blame him. The establishment's management says (and their security cameras confirm) that he wasn't shot on their premises but at a nearby gas station. Stuff happens. He'll be fine. We'll be fine.
WMack4Bama- Did The Football team had a big screen to let the players watch the fight ?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

When I was growing up this would have been far out of my norm, and big news.

Sad we have evolved to "Stuff Happens"

What was he doing at a gas station - as dangerous a place as pretty much any at that time, that night?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't care a whit that he was out late - however one defines "late" - or that he was at a bar or underage. Is it possible the bar actually had a restaurant license that allows people 18+ to patronize?

My issue is he was in a specific place that has a bad reputation. But it's all over now - on to Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
When I was growing up this would have been far out of my norm, and big news.

Sad we have evolved to "Stuff Happens"

What was he doing at a gas station - as dangerous a place as pretty much any at that time, that night?
Getting a soda? A Snickers?

I've spoken up and said I felt he was in a rough area and shouldn't have been there. But this is silly.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
did most of y'all not go to college, let alone Bama? I can't think of many Saturdays I was home before this time when I was Raekwon's age

Sure I didn't go to that particular neighborhood (outside of delivering for Gumby's back in the day) but I'm not 6'7" and 300 pounds either

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Honestly, since we know that the injury was minor, my only thought is that I hope that he is ready to play on Saturday.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I thought the players were supposed to be in the dorm. Being a soph my first thought was he wasn't married, then I had a reality check, in this day and he couls be married with a kid or 2, or worse a babydaddy.

Dorm?!?

We have a dorm???

I thought Title IX nixed that long ago...:cool2:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I don't understand this "don't snitch philosophy" of so many gunshot victims. It's OK for grade school kids not to snitch on one another, but as an adult, gun violence will never be minimized if victims don't provide the police with info. Please bear in mind I am from a country with annual gun homicides in single digits, so perhaps I have an unrealistic view of the situation.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Alcohol and mornings never mix I don't care the circumstances. I was assuming nothing.
I beg to differ. In my younger days, I had a number of pleasant encounters after consuming a large quantity of alcohol at local taverns in the wee hours of the morning.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I understand what you are saying and basically agree. But our viewpoints might be a little different if we were a 20 year old African American that was in the wrong place with the wrong people.
I don't understand this "don't snitch philosophy" of so many gunshot victims. It's OK for grade school kids not to snitch on one another, but as an adult, gun violence will never be minimized if victims don't provide the police with info. Please bear in mind I am from a country with annual gun homicides in single digits, so perhaps I have an unrealistic view of the situation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.