Link: Brett surfaces again...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The part that really puzzled (maybe it shouldn’t?) me the most was he claimed to be conservative and yet was for Trump almost out of the gate as IRC it. And Trump was the most “liberal” GOP candidate running to the point he had any ideological core (which he did not - his views changed by the hour).

Maybe the next book will be about an insurrection??????

One last thing…I met him at the MSU game played several days before the 2012 election. He was absolutely convinced (or so he said) Romney was going to win. The GOP myth of 2012 is “we were gonna win but Hurricane Sandy cost us the election,” which he espoused as well. Dick Morris said that, too.

I’m sorry but I never saw Romney was gonna win even in the most biased in the GOP favor polls. I never knew whether he was spouting political spin, delusions of grandeur, or a combo of both.
How do you go from Romney, the last of the Rockefeller republicans and arguably a few baby steps to the right of Biden, to all-in with trump?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
He worked for the Romney campaign--IIRC he was a speechwriter.
he and his wife did. His wife ended up Don Mcgan's chief of staff which is super ironic as they were the leads that placed a ton of unqualified lifers on the bench. All Brett had to do was not be a jerk here or push his books and he would have been one of them.

Reactions: 92tide

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
How do you go from Romney, the last of the Rockefeller republicans and arguably a few baby steps to the right of Biden, to all-in with trump?
we actually debated that here a little in 15 and I was shocked that he was so into Trump. I kept telling him that Trump support would taint his career, he didn't care but I am betting it was because the wife was already locked into her job, making America's lower courts evil again.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Ok, I haven’t been over here on non sports very long so I have to ask who Is Brett? I only know of one and he is our benevolent dictator.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Ok, I haven’t been over here on non sports very long so I have to ask who Is Brett? I only know of one and he is our benevolent dictator.
Here's the background

• Thank You
Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IIRC he wasn’t for Trump until it became apparent that Trump had a real chance to win the nomination. I remember during the primary he made statements like “the GOP would never let it happen” and stuff of that nature. I think he was one of those like 1986 that believed Cruz was the “first true conservatives since Ronald”. But after New Hampshire was a huge Trumper.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A search of TideFans.com reveals that BamainBoston often opined on controversial issues, including race, abortion, perceived federal overreach, and Southern heritage. In one post from February 2011, he defended the honor of the early Ku Klux Klan.

That morning at 9:17 a.m., a user with the handle Bamaro posted a story about a Mississippi proposal “to honor Nathan Bedford Forrest” by placing his image on a license plate. “Who comes up with these ideas?” the user asked. “Honor someone who served as the first KKK Grand Wizard.”

BamainBoston responded an hour later:

Heaven forbid we let the facts get in the way of your righteous indignation, but Forrest, when he decommissioned his men, told them to make peace with the men they had fought and live as good citizens of the United States. It was only after the perceived depredations of the Union army during reconstruction that Forrest joined (it is highly unlikely that he founded or acted as the Grand Wizard) the first KKK, which was entirely different than the KKK of the early 19th Century. When the Klan turned to racial violence, he distanced himself from the organization as he had long supported the reconciliation of the races. In fact, he often spoke to black organizations.
Trump nominee Brett Talley appears to have defended the first KKK. (slate.com)

You're welcome :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don’t remember him. Probably to my benefit.
Well he started on here talking about how it was unfair to have a competitive balance in high school athletics in which private schools are penalized for their ability to recruit players, and then loved to post political nonsense on the football board. To make matters worse he was one of those posters who made his own weird font rules and it was just as a chore to read the nonsense as it was to come up with a rational response to it. He basically is one of those bamamag guys that was looking for a new home.

here is “tame” for him.

TomfromBama

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He didn't last long. Despite warnings that this was not BamaMag, he slipped back into bad habits, the down and dirty insulting that was common there...
I kid you not. I was just browsing 247 forums one day and saw a thread that was titled “Former Tidefans posters” and saw him amongst a lot of banned posters and some that didn’t last long afterwards stating that they should plan an inside job on here to get people back at 247 to revive Bamamag and destroy Tidefans from the inside. I’m thinking, the general Tidefans poster posts on here because it’s free, constantly updated, and moderated. Really y’all should be trying to convince people to defect from TI but really fat chance with that when they have more credible known insiders than bamamag and are better funded.

usually I find people who actually get banned have to work at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well he started on here talking about how it was unfair to have a competitive balance in high school athletics in which private schools are penalized for their ability to recruit players, and then loved to post political nonsense on the football board. To make matters worse he was one of those posters who made his own weird font rules and it was just as a chore to read the nonsense as it was to come up with a rational response to it. He basically is one of those bamamag guys that was looking for a new home.

here is “tame” for him.

TomfromBama
He was one of the first posters I ever used the ignore button on. Turns out I really did not need to do it since he got banned.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He was one of the first posters I ever used the ignore button on. Turns out I really did not need to do it since he got banned.
I had 3. He was one of them. I generally block people who constantly harass me when the argument has been over for weeks. There is tooting your own horn for being write but at some point your victory lap has to come to an end.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I kid you not. I was just browsing 247 forums one day and saw a thread that was titled “Former Tidefans posters” and saw him amongst a lot of banned posters and some that didn’t last long afterwards stating that they should plan an inside job on here to get people back at 247 to revive Bamamag and destroy Tidefans from the inside. I’m thinking, the general Tidefans poster posts on here because it’s free, constantly updated, and moderated. Really y’all should be trying to convince people to defect from TI but really fat chance with that when they have more credible known insiders than bamamag and are better funded.

usually I find people who actually get banned have to work at it.

sometimes I miss the debates. I had some fun ones with BiB that I am sure the slate reporters had fun reading. Same with 86 and NYBF but I also see how they weren't worth the mods troubles and we are better off without them

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
sometimes I miss the debates. I had some fun ones with BiB that I am sure the slate reporters had fun reading. Same with 86 and NYBF but I also see how they weren't worth the mods troubles and we are better off without them
Really I wasn’t on NS long enough or was as committed at the time to really get a feel of BiB other than he was weird and a GOP opportunist. The CW and Klan stuff I really wasn’t aware of until the article came out.

NYBF I honestly don’t remember.

1986… I do have an opinion and it’s really not a good one. He , and a current poster who doesn’t post on NS anymore, constantly brought up crap that tested my sanity. Sometimes he had some good things to say but there were alot of deplorable stuff with it that we are probably better as a board without.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Really I wasn’t on NS long enough or was as committed at the time to really get a feel of BiB other than he was weird and a GOP opportunist. The CW and Klan stuff I really wasn’t aware of until the article came out.

NYBF I honestly don’t remember.

1986… I do have an opinion and it’s really not a good one. He , and a current poster who doesn’t post on NS anymore, constantly brought up crap that tested my sanity. Sometimes he had some good things to say but there were alot of deplorable stuff with it that we are probably better as a board without.
I left nonsports for a bit because of posters like 1986, BiB, and a few others. I grew tried of their nonsense and just stuck to the sports boards. We seem to have a decent group here now of regulars. Occasionally we get one or two posts that are questionable, but they usually get deleted before too many see them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.