BREAKING Britney Griner has been traded for Viktor Bout

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Where did I say Griner was not privileged?

The US is racist, sexist, and homophobic. I don’t know what blah,blah, blah is referring to. None of that makes Griner “America-hating.”

Too harsh. She made a mistake. We've all made them. That doesn't make us all morons. IMO, a moron is someone who consistently makes stupid decisions. We don't have enough information to make that accusation.
The U.S. just freed an arms dealer/terrorist who was involved in deals to kill Americans to bring home a black, female, lesbian and has left a straight white male there for four years.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
The U.S. just freed an arms dealer/terrorist who was involved in deals to kill Americans to bring home a black, female, lesbian and has left a straight white male there for four years.
As the kids used to say, we were doing it ironically. So it doesn't count......I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodhisattva

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So this is technically in process. Biden instructed the DEA and FDA to begin the review process that is legally required to move weed from schedule I to Schedule II. He can't just wave his hands and make it legal. It either has to be this process or congress would have to pass a laws.

Also he pardoned about 6000 people who were convicted by feds for possession.
He could disband the DEA, a singularly corrupt collection of power-hungry jerks only surpassed by the CIA. Doesn’t he have that power? Drug enforcement my smelly rear end.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
There is more to this prisoner trade imo. They would not make such a one sided trade unless coerced or left with no choice. Somehow given the parties involved I wonder if the Trump compromised classified documents are involved here. Trump set Biden up for the embarrassing withdrawal from Afghanistan. It just seems like something similar is afoot here...
Look at who brokered the swap.
Coincidence?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Joe Biden is not a racist, sexist, or homophobe. It was his administration brokering the deal. That's how it got done.

I certainly don't mean to imply that the entire US, or most posting here are racist, sexist, homophobes, and that includes you, Buzzard. However, most racists, sexists, and homophobes have no clue that's what they are, and while it may not be a majority, it may well be a majority.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Here's the question no one is addressing.

How do we get Griner home if the only trade Putin will make is for Boot? And, if that is indeed the only trade Putin will make, do we just leave Griner in the Russian prison for the next nine years?
Yes.

She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. And she's not worth the literal DEATH Boot will create with his freedom.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Where did I say Griner was not privileged?

The US is racist, sexist, and homophobic.
So, at least you agree she's privileged.

The thing about claiming the entire country is racist/sexist/homophobic is that the claim is devoid of context. How many of the 330 million people have to be racist/sexist/homophobic for your claim to be true? I don't think there are comparatively that many. Auburn fans claim all Alabama fans are Harvey Updyke. By your standard, I guess that's true. When I drive into work, I"ll likely encounter one or two drivers that are left-lane squatters. The other hundred drivers I encounter are just fine. By your standard, all drivers suck, I guess. And so on and so on when you only focus on the bad minority instead of putting things in context. The media rarely talks about the vast majority of good people who do good things every day. Bad news is always pushed to stir up the rubes, especially since there's an agenda behind it.

Of note, my wife has encountered real, applied racism several times. These people have tried to derail her career and almost succeeded. None of these racists were white conservatives. I guess that means all liberals are racist. See how that works? And my wife would only say that she has encountered some horrible racist people with the power to destroy careers. She absolutely does not believe this is a racist country.

Too harsh. She made a mistake. We've all made them. That doesn't make us all morons. IMO, a moron is someone who consistently makes stupid decisions. We don't have enough information to make that accusation.
Too harsh here, but not in a lot of other countries. She's not a kid; she's long since been an adult. She knew what she was doing and chose moronically.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The thing about claiming the entire country is racist/sexist/homophobic is that the claim is devoid of context.
You must have missed this part.

I certainly don't mean to imply that the entire US, or most posting here are racist, sexist, homophobes, and that includes you, Buzzard. However, most racists, sexists, and homophobes have no clue that's what they are, and while it may not be a majority, it may well be a majority.
Because you didn't read the above quote, the rest of your post is useless, except for the part about your wife. I can certainly relate, and I hate that you and your wife have to endure racism.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
You must have missed this part.

Because you didn't read the above quote, the rest of your post is useless, except for the part about your wife.
So, if not many of the citizenry if racist/sexist/homophobic, then it is not fair to claim the entire country is racist/sexist/homophobic. I'm glad you're walking that back. Then we are in agreement. (y)

Because I also don't think many Bama fans are Harvey Updyke. ;)

I can certainly relate, and I hate that you and your wife have to endure racism.
Thank you. There are certainly racists to be found among 330 million. My Mom found her share and (as I have discussed before) was physically attacked several times and stolen from innumerable times. My wife's best friend has nail salons in Seattle. One of her stores was looted and defaced with racist graffiti by the BLM and Antifa crowd. Funny how that works. But, in neither case would my Mom or my wife's best friend claim this is a racist country. They say it is a small number of evil people causing problems, and you occasionally encounter them.

Reactions: Go Bama

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. And she's not worth the literal DEATH Boot will create with his freedom.
It's a different world than Bout left when he went to prison. Russia is vastly different. Bout may hit the ground running with old contacts, but those guys may be on the Ukranian front or dead by now. I can't say that I'm not concerned about Bout, but we have no idea what is going to happen.

Bout is not the only source of weapons. I suspect terrorists have more than one arms dealer. Besides, if the guy is this big a threat, why didn't we just kill him?

I sure do wish you'd give that stupid phrase, PSGWSP, a well deserved rest. It's a straw man that doesn't even apply here. No one has argued that Griner didn't make a grave error.

List of notable arms dealers[edit]

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's a different world than Bout left when he went to prison. Russia is vastly different. Bout may hit the ground running with old contacts, but those guys may be on the Ukranian front or dead by now. I can't say that I'm not concerned about Bout, but we have no idea what is going to happen.
If you're willing to risk many people's lives over this, so be it.

Don't be surprised when many of us feel differently.

I sure do wish you'd give that stupid phrase, PSGWSP, a well deserved rest. It's a straw man that doesn't even apply here. No one has argued that Griner didn't make a grave error.
Actually, I guess we'll agree to disagree here, because it's 100% applicable - she made a demonstrably stupid choice and was facing the price for that. This was 100% avoidable on her part, yet she chose to be stupid.

And for that we traded the 'merchant of death'.

Okay.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So, if not many of the citizenry if racist/sexist/homophobic, then it is not fair to claim the entire country is racist/sexist/homophobic. I'm glad you're walking that back.
IMO, the previous guy, the leader of the GOP, the vast majority of the GOP, and supporters of the GOP are racists, sexists, and homophobes. I ain't walking that back at all.

We have a lot in common, and I have a lot of respect for your posts. We just strongly disagree on whether it's more important to keep and arms dealer while an American citizen is suffering in a Russian prison, or if Griner's moral character makes her of less value.
If you're willing to risk many people's lives over this, so be it.

Don't be surprised when many of us feel differently.

Actually, I guess we'll agree to disagree here, because it's 100% applicable - she made a demonstrably stupid choice and was facing the price for that. This was 100% avoidable on her part, yet she chose to be stupid.

And for that we traded the 'merchant of death'.

Okay.
Okay. You must have missed the part where I said no one disagrees with this, but OK.

And we traded the "merchant of death" for an American citizen.

It seems we always have a difference of opinion on matters of compassion. So be it. All is good.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'd assume you also have compassion for the families of the many people he's had a hand in killing and for those he might well help kill going forward.
Yes, I do feel for all innocent victims. My life would be much better if I weren’t sickened each time I read about innocent people being killed through no fault of their own. However, they are in God’s hands and I cannot help them.

I’m elated Griner is home. She is almost certainly irreversibly changed for the better. I hope Bout chokes on his own stool and dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimsonaudio

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'd assume you also have compassion for the families of the many people he's had a hand in killing and for those he might well help kill going forward.
Yes, I do feel for all innocent victims. My life would be much better if I weren’t sickened each time I read about innocent people being killed through no fault of their own. However, they are in God’s hands and I cannot help them.

I’m elated Griner is home. She is almost certainly irreversibly changed for the better. I hope Bout chokes on his on stool and dies.
Seems to me that compassion for innocent dead and their families is after-the-fact. It might help us feel better about ourselves. But it’s otherwise useless, most especially to the dead.

Prevention before the fact….now that’s valuable. Most especially to those who would otherwise be dead, and their families.

We had a chance at prevention. No….on second thought, we actually held prevention, with Bout sitting in a prison cell. But we chose what I have no doubt will be an extremely expensive alternative.

But hey, we feel the pain of the dead and their families. Plus it’s in God’s hands, so we can’t help them. So it’s all good.

We agree that we hope Bout chokes on his own stool and dies. I just wish he’d do it in an American maximum security prison while doing close-order drill with his 6’5”, 250 pound roommate who has nothing to do all day except lift weights.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Brittney cut off her 2' dreadlocks two weeks ago, apparently thinking she was in for the long haul. The reason was that it was so cold that they froze before she could get them dry. I Imagine it would be like going to bed with ice cubes wrapped around your neck. They had no uniforms big enough nor beds. Her hands were too big for the sewing machines, so all she did all day long was haul fabric back and forth...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.