News Article: Britney Griner signs a one year contract with Phoenix...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry it's WaPo, so paywalled. However, the salary was $165,100. This is before taxes, agent, etc. For all the guys who were saying last year that she was so rich, she shouldn't have to go to Russia, when she was being paid more than a million a year. Phoenix was more like a sentimental hobby...

WaPo

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Do we yet have any idea why we traded Viktor Bout for Brittany Griner? Or why Paul Whelan is still in custody while Bout is free to resume murder?

I said it at the time, and say it now: Vladimir Putin must still be laughing about that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Do we yet have any idea why we traded Viktor Bout for Brittany Griner? Or why Paul Whelan is still in custody while Bout is free to resume murder?

I said it at the time, and say it now: Vladimir Putin must still be laughing about that.
Bout has been out of action so long, I doubt seriously he's a threat. The Russians wanted him so badly because he would crack and tell what he knew. As far as Paul Whelan, I don't think we'll ever know all the facts...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.