Bruce Jenner Update

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I can't wait till the calendar flips over to 2016, because I want this carnival freak of a former GREAT athlete out of my consciousness. Can someone please tell me what was "courageous" about a person wanting to change their gender? You know what, never mind, I don't need to know.

• Thank You
Reactions: DogPatch

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I didn't watch the ESPY's last night except a few parts of the beginning when the MC was attempting a monlogue. I don't know who he was or who wrote his material but a couple of his remarks were IMHO in very poor taste and reminded me why I don't enjoy a lot of 'today's' comedy.

But just a few minutes ago at the end of World News Tonight - ABC's Elizabeth Vargas came in with a short segment on Bruce Jenner's appearance last night during his acceptance of the Arthur Ashe award. I realize my opinion is not the same as everyone here but you know what....the part of his comments they aired tonight were pretty good about this not being about him.....and it's OK to be different. He's right.

I can't speak to the posts above about some kind of tradeoff to receive the award and that there were other more deserving candidates. Very well could be true.

I'm just a regular guy - not gay - hetero all the way. But just listening to Bruce's (aka Caitlin) comments I have to say good for him/her and I'm OK with it. We surely have bigger fish to fry in our society than this!

Your mileage may vary, of course... :wink:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
As f I needed another reason to not watch ESPN. I hope none of our posters wasted their time with this crap. Sorry Baz did not see your post. To each his own.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This "courage" award was a sham and it was painfully obvious from the get go. There is nothing courageous about turning your junk inside out. I never watch award shows (oscars,emmys, espys, etc.) anyway because I think they are ridiculous.

I need to be President. I will make it illegal to air any kind of "reality TV". All of these faux celebrities will be shipped off to Gitmo. It will become illegal to even mention their names in reference.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Those looneys will probably elect Jenner because reasons.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: DogPatch

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.