Bryan Hodgson hired by Arkansas State

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I hate to lose Hodgson. From all accounts, he’s been a material contributor to our success under Nate Oats.

That said, I remember the teams we put on the court when nobody wanted our assistants.

So yes, this is a problem akin to every other college in the country wanting one of our football co-ordinators as their HC. IOW, it’s a good problem. It’s a great indication of how the coaching fraternity feels about Nate Oats.

All the best to HCBH. After we win the NC next weekend, of course.

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Lets face it assistants are going to come and go I look for CNO to make strong hires. I will comment more after our season in 2 weeks.
Shouldn't deference be given to Bama Hoops on who's a cinch to become new 'BBBOC and 'BBBDC? Like, you know, "Bank-shot on it" -

• Haha
Reactions: CrimSonami

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I believe Hodgson was the top recruiter for most of the freshman this season. As much as he helped on the court his recruiting might have been his best asset to us.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I imagine we are about to find out the quality of the CNO Rolodex.

Other top assistants that would like a CNO/Alabama entry on their resume are likely available and I'm going to assume a math-minded HC like CNO will "add" the right kind of new assistants!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Seeing as two assistants just got head coaching jobs it shouldn’t be hard to find quality applicants.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.