Bryant Denny changing music?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I was at the Mercer game and one thing I noted was that the marketing department kept playing canned music over MDB on third downs. I thought there was coordination between the two (ie, marketing telling MDB when they're allowed to play). The canned stuff was all too loud and annoying to me.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What's this I hear about Greg Byrne saying he's hired a consultant to look into changing the music at our stadium?

Change it to what and why? I don't really have an opinion, but I'm sure curious to know more.
Honestly I didn’t even know it was an issue with anyone outside the MDB parents and older crowd. I was kinda bummed when they took “Sandman” out as the third quarter entrance song but it’s whatever. I do kinda wish they would play “gimmie shelter” for Saban.

Reactions: Go Bama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm 100% for them playing whatever helps keep the players amped and focused.

Beyond that I don't really care - it's highly unlikely they'll ever pipe in anything I care for anyway, LOL.

Reactions: GboyBama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Beyond that I don't really care - it's highly unlikely they'll ever pipe in anything I care for anyway, LOL.
Yeah. I think whatever keeps the students involved and the players amped is fine by me. Although I kinda hate the music, but I’m constantly reminded that I’m watching a football team and not attending a concert so the music is very secondary.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When the Ole Miss offense has the ball tomorrow, Bama fans please be LOUDER than you’ve ever been. RTR!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
What's this I hear about Greg Byrne saying he's hired a consultant to look into changing the music at our stadium?

Change it to what and why? I don't really have an opinion, but I'm sure curious to know more.
When I got that email, I wondered the same thing. A strange communication indeed.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Apparently they were playing things like Moves Like Jagger during the light show....not exactly going to pump anyone up. Glad they are making a change

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
impossible to satisfy everyone. so just play what the players like (hip hop) IMO
What matters is what the recruits like. I wonder how big of a donation to the athletic dept. someone would have to give to demand which music to play throughout the entire game day. I would demand that “Safety Dance“ be played during pregame warm-ups (not because I like the song, just think it would be funny)! 😀

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I think they should play a lot of Iron Maiden when the other team is getting ready to snap the ball..........Run to the Hills would be great when UT or LSU is ready to run a play

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.