Bryce Young official measurements at NFL Combine: 5-10 1/8, 204 lbs

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
as officially reported this morning from the combine ... and commented on obsessively by the talking heads and draft pundits up until today:

Bryce Young's listed height/weight at UA: 6-0, 194 lbs

Probably will hurt him with some teams given the avg qb is now about 6-3 or so.

However, some GMs look at him and see another Drew Brees winner. I'm with this group. Also, Being 204 lbs probably helps him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Plays lIke he is 6’ 4” to me. It only matters if you let it matter.
Ehh, the shortness is an issue. Once defenses figured out Bryce can't see over the OL, they started pressuring him. It's why his escapability is so valuable - it's a weapon, but it's necessary.

He can be a great NFL QB, but if he were 4" taller he'd have a much better chance.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Bryce is so good at finding throwing lanes also. I know it helps to be 6’4” to throw over tall DLs, but there are tall QBs that can’t do what Bryce can do. He has never let height limit him and he won’t in the pros.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Bryce, a good O-Line and at least two sure handed receivers will get you home every time. Add a D and you are championship bound.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
204? No way he played at that weight. Dude must have eaten a gallon of ice cream a day since the bowl game.
It’s been stated that he’s been trying to add weight since he got to Bama. Been working with dieticians and trainers to add good weight. Not Blue Bell and Little Debbie weight.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Ehh, the shortness is an issue. Once defenses figured out Bryce can't see over the OL, they started pressuring him. It's why his escapability is so valuable - it's a weapon, but it's necessary.

He can be a great NFL QB, but if he were 4" taller he'd have a much better chance.
Blitzed him up the middle for sure

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
His height was a problem at Alabama. But the OC will scheme around it. BoB never would, so our best plays were Bryce freelancing and getting out of the pocket.

That weight being 204 is a big deal. That will help him. Not sure if the height keeps him from being #1 overall though.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
What is interesting to me is all the people going gah-gah over Anthony Richardson. Yes, he is a great athlete, but they act like he can be coached into an all-star. He had good QB coaching at UF and when you look on the tape you see flashes of brilliance combined with periods of average to below average play. His pass reading skills are abysmal beyond the first read.

That and the Giants paying Daniel Jones 160 million over 4 years have convinced me that many GM's are lacking something upstairs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.