Bryce Young official measurements at NFL Combine: 5-10 1/8, 204 lbs

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
What is interesting to me is all the people going gah-gah over Anthony Richardson. Yes, he is a great athlete, but they act like he can be coached into an all-star. He had good QB coaching at UF and when you look on the tape you see flashes of brilliance combined with periods of average to below average play. His pass reading skills are abysmal beyond the first read.

That and the Giants paying Daniel Jones 160 million over 4 years have convinced me that many GM's are lacking something upstairs.
They're just willing to take a shot with his physical tools. Guys like Herbert and Allen have people looking for the next one and thinking they can coach them up. He also does have some other positives like you said he shows flashes and has pretty good pocket mobility.

Not saying at all he'll work out I just get where it's coming from. That said I wouldn't want my team to take him early in the 1st.

The Daniel Jones thing has me very confused though

Reactions: Padreruf

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I've read that the best way to predict a runner's next race time is to see what their last few race times were. So, in essence, the only REALLY predictive measurable is how they have played in the past. Bryce has torched a lot of really good defenses. So, pass on him if you like because of one number (height), but the guy will land somewhere else and beat you if you pass on him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I've read that the best way to predict a runner's next race time is to see what their last few race times were. So, in essence, the only REALLY predictive measurable is how they have played in the past. Bryce has torched a lot of really good defenses. So, pass on him if you like because of one number (height), but the guy will land somewhere else and beat you if you pass on him.
The best predictor of future behavior is past performance...every time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
as officially reported this morning from the combine ... and commented on obsessively by the talking heads and draft pundits up until today:

Bryce Young's listed height/weight at UA: 6-0, 194 lbs

Probably will hurt him with some teams given the avg qb is now about 6-3 or so.

However, some GMs look at him and see another Drew Brees winner. I'm with this group. Also, Being 204 lbs probably helps him.
I still remember Doug Flutie. I also remember that Doug knew when it was time to take the money and run.

Reactions: Padreruf

Viper652

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2021
This isn't the NBA...Russell Wilson is 5'11"...I've seen a lot of 6'5" QB's who had little or no feel for the game.

He has shown an ability to play at every level...they say that Joe Montana is 6'2" but I don't believe it...

Athletes with intelligence are hard to beat at QB...
Wilson is a measured 5-10

Reactions: TideEngineer08

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
If he was 6’3/225 he might be considered the best prospect since John Elway.

I can understand his slight stature being of some concern, but it’s really being over analyzed.

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
I can understand his slight stature being of some concern, but it’s really being over analyzed.
They always say the best ability is availability. So if you're worried about him not staying on the field, it's easy to look elsewhere.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
They always say the best ability is availability. So if you're worried about him not staying
They always say the best ability is availability. So if you're worried about him not staying on the field, it's easy to look elsewhere.
That’s true, but even guys who fit the physical mold like Lamar Jackson and Jimmy G (both in the 6’2”/225 range) miss lots of time with injuries.

Bryce’s size isn’t a non-issue but it’s being made a bigger issue than it should be.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
What is interesting to me is all the people going gah-gah over Anthony Richardson. Yes, he is a great athlete, but they act like he can be coached into an all-star. He had good QB coaching at UF and when you look on the tape you see flashes of brilliance combined with periods of average to below average play. His pass reading skills are abysmal beyond the first read.

That and the Giants paying Daniel Jones 160 million over 4 years have convinced me that many GM's are lacking something upstairs.
I don't think GMs care as much about winning any more. They just want excitement among the fan base to sell tickets, clothing, etc., and to create excitement among the networks to sell advertising. It's all about revenue. Plus, I think they are all afraid of missing on someone who turns out to be great. You would think they would have enough examples of flops by now to know better, but they dont.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I don't think GMs care as much about winning any more. They just want excitement among the fan base to sell tickets, clothing, etc., and to create excitement among the networks to sell advertising. It's all about revenue. Plus, I think they are all afraid of missing on someone who turns out to be great. You would think they would have enough examples of flops by now to know better, but they dont.
You’re probably right.

Seems like it’s mostly the fans who drive the desire to win more than the management, and the fan bases that want to win vote with their dollars.

I married into a Philadelphia sports-crazed family and they will not tolerate losing.

My mother in law is such a rabid Flyers fan that she postponed having a necrotic kidney removed for a Stanley Cup game.

• Wow
Reactions: HighlandOak and Con

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
You’re probably right.

Seems like it’s mostly the fans who drive the desire to win more than the management, and the fan bases that want to win vote with their dollars.

I married into a Philadelphia sports-crazed family and they will not tolerate losing.

My mother in law is such a rabid Flyers fan that she postponed having a necrotic kidney removed for a Stanley Cup game.
Dang, that is commitment.

Reactions: Probius and The Ols

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
as officially reported this morning from the combine ... and commented on obsessively by the talking heads and draft pundits up until today:

Bryce Young's listed height/weight at UA: 6-0, 194 lbs

Probably will hurt him with some teams given the avg qb is now about 6-3 or so.

However, some GMs look at him and see another Drew Brees winner. I'm with this group. Also, Being 204 lbs probably helps him.
They would have said something similar if BY was 6'6" maybe he's too tall, to injury prone ect... They are manipulating the Draft.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
You’re probably right.

I have real respect for your mother in law. (y)

• Facepalm
Reactions: HighlandOak

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.