Bryce Young signs exclusive podcast deal with Colin Cowherd

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I actually enjoy listening to Cowherd most of the time. Brando - can't really listen to him -- he's so blatantly anti-Bama. Kannell - I feel like my IQ drops a little when I listen to him. There's a female "reporter" that is always looking to trash Bama, too... I just can't think of her name at the moment (EDIT: Heather Dinich). Then there's Barrett Sallee :rolleyes:. T-Bob Hebert is a tool. I literally can't listen to anybody from UGA.

I'd take Cowherd over any of these clowns. His (admittedly long) tirades are usually pretty well conceived and thought out. I like to listen to him.

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I hope Cowherd is professional and doesn't try to trick Bryce into saying something he shouldn't. I don't trust Cowherd at all. But, Coach Saban and the University did approve it, so I am sure Coach has discussed things with Bryce. I guess we will see if this is a good idea or not. Hope it is not another distraction.
I’m not worried…Bryce will be playing chess while Cowherd is playing…..you know…..with crayons

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I hope Cowherd is professional and doesn't try to trick Bryce into saying something he shouldn't. I don't trust Cowherd at all. But, Coach Saban and the University did approve it, so I am sure Coach has discussed things with Bryce. I guess we will see if this is a good idea or not. Hope it is not another distraction.
We've come a long way from when Saban didn't even want his assistant coaches doing many interviews. Now his star quarterback is getting paid to talk during the season.

I've always thought it was harder for pro coaches to deal with players who make more money than they do. I guess it's possible and actually just fine for Young to pull in a bigger income this season that some of the assistant coaches, it's just a sign of the times.

Reactions: Relayer

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've seen CC backtrack and correct himself several times.

He's an entertainer, pure and simple - he openly admits it.

Good for BY!
Stop speaking truth. That isn’t welcomed here because everyone likes to be mad and worried. How else could we function as the Alabama fan base otherwise

Reactions: CraigD

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Stop speaking truth. That isn’t welcomed here because everyone likes to be mad and worried. How else could we function as the Alabama fan base otherwise
Aw hell. I'm not mad at Cowherd. I just don't like him. It's a personality thing. I'll admit, I'm not a regular listener so maybe I should back off with my claims that he doesn't follow up when he's wrong. I don't remember him doing that when he and Klatt went on and on a few years ago about how Nick Saban and Alabama were dead, but I remember Klatt doing so.

I realize you've got the blue font and all. I just thought I'd clarify. Maybe he's not the worst.

And I'm honestly really happy for Bryce. As someone else said, he's going to be able to retire when he graduates and never have to play a down of NFL if he actually didn't want to.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Aw hell. I'm not mad at Cowherd. I just don't like him. It's a personality thing. I'll admit, I'm not a regular listener so maybe I should back off with my claims that he doesn't follow up when he's wrong. I don't remember him doing that when he and Klatt went on and on a few years ago about how Nick Saban and Alabama were dead, but I remember Klatt doing so.

I realize you've got the blue font and all. I just thought I'd clarify. Maybe he's not the worst.

And I'm honestly really happy for Bryce. As someone else said, he's going to be able to retire when he graduates and never have to play a down of NFL if he actually didn't want to.
What I’m getting at is that too many on here and outside of here constantly buy into these media personalities as giving their actual opinions. It’s all about controversy. If there was none, then no one would watch or care. Cowherd probably couldn’t care less if Alabama wins another championship or if USC ever does either. He will still be talking and making millions because he convinced many that he does.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Very happy for Bryce. This stuff makes sense. Now the kids get to earn as they should have allowed to do all along. Just remember that football is what is allowing all of this attention and money. Lose focus on football and the rest disappears.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Aw hell. I'm not mad at Cowherd. I just don't like him. It's a personality thing.
I'll agree with this. He talks through his nose like those morons from the West Coast.

He DOES talk through his nose, he gets too close to the mic, and he transfers back and forth between "calm Dad talking to you" and a Rush Limbaugh caricature.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Have we forgotten Cowherd's disgusting description of Alabamian's as " tornado bait" ??

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.