By the numbers - The thread for random number things

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thought this could be an interesting thread assuming you all like random number stats like I do :D

From a email newsletter I get ...

$56.9B
The net worth of MacKenzie Bezos, who is now the second-richest woman in the world. Bezos acquired a large stake in Amazon after her divorce from Jeff Bezos. Source: Bloomberg
$3K
The cost of a Pokemon-themed engagement ring with “I Choose You” engraved in the band. Source: The Verge
$50K
The undergraduate tuition for Harvard University’s 2020-2021 academic year, unchanged even though all classes will be held virtually. Source: The Week
$20K
The amount awarded to the four winners of Finger on the App, a competition to see who could keep their fingers on their phones the longest. The competition lasted 70 hours. Source: The Verge

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Given the fact online courses have cost the same as in-class courses for at least 15 years (since I took my first one), I fail to see why this sudden whine deserves the merit it's being given by the press.

Hell, I had to pay OUT OF STATE fees for an online class that was the same as I'd get if I attended.

Some of those are interesting, but I fail to see why "but they aren't going to class" is a news story.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I fail to see why "but they aren't going to class" is a news story.
agreed. It's a big number and gets eyeballs. However, going to Harvard probably doubles or triples (or more) your lifetime earnings compared to Podunk U. I would gladly pay $50K/year to Harvard assuming my return was worth it. Of course dealing with everything else at Harvard might make it not worth it :D

Now, if you're going to Harvard (or anywhere else) and majoring in a worthless degree program, I do not at all (not one bit) feel sorry that you or your parents are saddled with $250K in student loan debt. People who do this should be Darwin Award Winners. Make better choices.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.