Cade Mays's parents file lawsuit vs UGA (possible transfer waiver to Tennessee in the balance)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is a weird story, even for Georgia.

Pinky suit

Shortly after that news came out, it was also learned that Mays’ father and mother filed a lawsuit against the University of Georgia Board of Regents and the Athletic Association stemming from an incident that happened prior to Mays’ public commitment to Georgia in December of 2017.
Documents show that the lawsuit was filed on Dec. 5 of 2019, which was before the SEC championship game and Sam Pittman’s announced departure for the Arkansas job. Pittman was Georgia’s offensive line coach and a big reason Mays ended up signing with Georgia.

According to the complaint, “Plaintiff Kevin Mays’s right pinky finger was partially amputated as the subject’s folding chair wedged against the column. His severed finger shot across the floor. UGA Offensive Line Coach Sam Pittman picked up plaintiff Kevin Mays’ severed finger from the floor, and it was put on ice.”

At the hospital, Kevin Mays described the pain as a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. The complaint stated that Mays could not have the finger reattached and that he needed to undergo a skin-graft surgery.

The event happened on Dec. 15 of 2017, which was prior to Cade Mays announcing his commitment to Georgia.
Some are speculating that he might could ask for a waiver to play immediately for Tennessee. It would just be the second craziest waiver granted by the NCAA from a Georgia defector.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So let me get this straight. On a recruiting visit, the kid loses part of a finger and he still signs with the dogs? Seriously? And now they want to use that as an excuse to leave the program?

• Wow
Reactions: UAllday

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So let me get this straight. On a recruiting visit, the kid loses part of a finger and he still signs with the dogs? Seriously? And now they want to use that as an excuse to leave the program?
Cade Mays’ father was the one that lost a finger.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was his dad, not him, that lost his finger. His Dad is a Tennessee grad, and his brother plays for UT. I think all of this is about Pittman leaving, and a way to play with UT right away.

Reactions: CB4

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
NCAA: “So Mr. Mays, why should we grant a transfer wavier for your son?”

Mr. Mays: “I’m sure there is a good reason. I just can’t place a finger on it right now.....”
Seems like they are giving the Dogs the finger.
Pinky swear they are serious
Ya'll are just mean. Poor fella lost a finger and a son to a rival school. How much more can this family take. :D The only way this can get better is if the boy transfers to Alabama so the death nail can be put in Dad's coffin.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
NCAA should reject immediate transfer request summarily.

this is the kind of nonsense that is corrupting college sports. Either allow EVERYONE to play immediately or NOONE.
It was designed for extreme circumstances and regime changes. Ideally its for someone like Felipe Franks who lost his job due to injury or someone that is on a team that is going on probation to transfer out. But after the Justin Fields bull crap, I think the walls should come down completely or be put back up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.