California Fires Picture

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i spoke to one of our apple suppliers in yakima, washington yesterday and he said that the fires have gotten pretty bad in that area. yesterday was more clear, but he said it was really bad this weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: MobtownK

beavis

Jan 3, 2019
Big Basin
Ive been evacuated since 8/20 from Big Basin/Boulder Creek,our house was saved although 350 homes burnt ithin a 2mi radius. Cant go home because of all the power poles burnt also. Big Basin was my playground for my trail riding (XR600R and a vintage XL250)the before and after pics are gonna be eerie.Staying in Los Gatos and its just an eerie orange(Clemson orange almost) If id known i was gonna be homeless for 21 days I woulda went to my families home outside Fairhope >oh well ROLL TIDE

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Ive been evacuated since 8/20 from Big Basin/Boulder Creek,our house was saved although 350 homes burnt ithin a 2mi radius. Cant go home because of all the power poles burnt also. Big Basin was my playground for my trail riding (XR600R and a vintage XL250)the before and after pics are gonna be eerie.Staying in Los Gatos and its just an eerie orange(Clemson orange almost) If id known i was gonna be homeless for 21 days I woulda went to my families home outside Fairhope >oh well ROLL TIDE
Glad to hear your house was saved - that has to be nervewracking.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Climate change is contributing. But forests have to be effectively managed for humans to live with them.
Obviously we don't need to cut down all the trees, but we do need to clear some of the underbrush and have controlled burns so that every time an idiot uses pyrotechnics at a gender reveal, the state doesn't go up in flames.

If the forest weren't inhabited by us, there would be natural fires that controlled this. Alabama forestry has a good controlled burn program. I have a friend that works over there.
Some species need fire to thrive.
While climate change is a factor, effective forestry practices would also go a long way to alleviating this problem.

To blame it all on climate change is disingenuous, but it is a contributing factor.

These pics are absolutely insane.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every year we go through this...same reality, same statements and same outcome. Doesn't anyone do anything to change the attitudes and behaviors so that they have a different outcome?
These fires were happening before man lived in the west. This is nature at work. It is worse now because of global warming, but the fires are going to happen long after we are gone.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
These fires were happening before man lived in the west. This is nature at work. It is worse now because of global warming, but the fires are going to happen long after we are gone.
We''re not raking the forests like the Donald wants (not realizing that he can actually order that to be done to almost 60% of the forests in CA)...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.