News Article: Camouflaged federal authorities arresting protesters in Portland

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
And Trump now has his brownshirt brigade...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/us/portland-arrests-federal-authorities/index.html

The US Attorney for the Oregon District on Friday requested an investigation into masked, camouflaged federal authorities without identification badges who are arresting protesters in Portland.

The request is aimed specifically at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) personnel who have been captured on various videos arresting protesters and putting them in unmarked SUVs.
DHS Under Secretary: We’re Taking This National

Well, we are – we welcome – the more investigations, the better. With as much lawbreaking is going on, we’re seeking to prosecute as many people as are breaking the law as it relates to federal jurisdiction. That’s not always happening with respect to local jurisdiction and local offenses. But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we’re responsible for around the country.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Using this link to bypass Paywall-

If on mobile... there's an app for that..
Pocket - saves articles to pdf so you can read later, just have to be quick to "share to".

Reactions: TexasBama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IF the senate and WH fall to the Democrats in November, there are some anti-abuse of power statutes waiting for enactment...
I hope so, but I really don't have faith in them, either. They won't be trump or his cohort, which is awesome. It is enough for now. But I am not sure that government gives power back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.