Can you park a small RV (i.e. van camper) on campus and not in an RV lot?

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
RV parking on or near campus...

I am curious if there is anybody who has, in the past, parked their rv on or near campus in a lot or area that the university does not control? I can think of a few places that might be good potential spots, but I don't recall seeing any rv's there in the past.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Regarding the van camper, the general rule seems to be that, so long as it doesn't take up more than one space, you can park it in one of the regular spaces.

As for non-RV-designated areas, I've seen some of the smaller RV's park next to or behind Shelby Hall seemingly without problems.

ForTide

1st Team
Mar 21, 2007
Powder Springs, Ga.
Re: RV parking on or near campus...

I am curious if there is anybody who has, in the past, parked their rv on or near campus in a lot or area that the university does not control? I can think of a few places that might be good potential spots, but I don't recall seeing any rv's there in the past.
There is an RV lot located next to DCH Hospital off of Bryant Drive. It is run by the hospital and all the money goes to the hospital. It is 9/10ths of a mile from the stadium and they have shuttle service to the stadium and back for a small fee. I personal only take a shuttle to the game. I enjoy the walk back after the game(stress relief). You can pay for a whole season or they have some room for individual games which is first come first serve. I am not sure how many spots they have available for entire season. You can contact DCH Hospital for more info. Just tell them you are inquiring about their RV lot.:cool:

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
The DCH lot is full now. Only sell season passes. The first come first serve has been eliminated as of last month. ?? if that will change and there is a huge waiting list for the season passes.

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Re: RV parking on or near campus...

There is an RV lot located next to DCH Hospital off of Bryant Drive. It is run by the hospital and all the money goes to the hospital. It is 9/10ths of a mile from the stadium and they have shuttle service to the stadium and back for a small fee. I personal only take a shuttle to the game. I enjoy the walk back after the game(stress relief). You can pay for a whole season or they have some room for individual games which is first come first serve. I am not sure how many spots they have available for entire season. You can contact DCH Hospital for more info. Just tell them you are inquiring about their RV lot.:cool:
I had forgotten about that lot......It's not much farther than the new $500 lots...

ForTide

1st Team
Mar 21, 2007
Powder Springs, Ga.
The DCH lot is full now. Only sell season passes. The first come first serve has been eliminated as of last month. ?? if that will change and there is a huge waiting list for the season passes.
Wow. Did not know it was full. But I am not surprised with the excitement of the upcoming season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.