Poll: Can You Taste a Difference in Water?

Can You Taste a Difference in Water?

• Yes

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I don't do the bottled water thing, seems to be a waste of money, but I can sure taste the difference between water from my kitchen faucet and the filtered water from my fridge door.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
...but I can sure taste the difference between water from my kitchen faucet and the filtered water from my fridge door.
Same here. My fridge filter does a fine job. The tap water tastes like pool water in comparison.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's considered "green-friendly" or "Earth-friendly" to avoid bottled water and that makes sense to me. The plastic bottles don't grow on trees, afterall. I've been to places where the public water tasted bad, but that was unfiltered.

There is just something very wasteful about drinking 12 or 16 ounces of water, then having this plastic bottle left over.

I put using bottled water in the same category as using an electric can opener, or driving a gas guzzler.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
It's considered "green-friendly" or "Earth-friendly" to avoid bottled water and that makes sense to me. The plastic bottles don't grow on trees, afterall. I've been to places where the public water tasted bad, but that was unfiltered.

There is just something very wasteful about drinking 12 or 16 ounces of water, then having this plastic bottle left over.

I put using bottled water in the same category as using an electric can opener, or driving a gas guzzler.
I've got an incinerator hooked up to my SUV, and when I finish my bottle of water, I just throw the bottle in there and I'm good for the drive home.

My vanity plate reads LOCOMOTIVE BREATH.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Take along a cooler of iced water. When your plastic bottle is empty, refill it from the jug. It's great in the summer when you need a lot of water, and it helps you to stay away from the soft drinks. :biggrin2:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
You know, this thread made me realize that you don't see many water fountains around any more. Are they going to join VCRs on the scrapheap of history? :conf3:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Tap water quality depends on where you live. Luckily, in Memphis our tap water comes from an underground aquifer. There's no need for me to buy the bottled stuff unless I'm out and about.

I

It's On A Slab

The wife and I were having this discussion the other day, because when she comes home from grocery shopping, she always buys Nestle Water, which is just awful. She buys it because it's the cheapest, but to me it has a plastic taste. And I'm not someone who cares how much the drink cost. I'm fine with Sam's Choice water, it tastes about as good as any water I've found.

But, she's convinced that all water tastes the same, and I just don't think that's true. I equate it to water that comes out of the faucet. It rarely tastes the same as water that comes in a bottle. To which she replies, "Well that's because they put minerals and stuff in the water at the treatment plants to purify it." Uh... that's what they do at the bottling plants too right?

Anyway, Simple yes or no will do. :biggrin2:

BTW, I guess I should have clarified. I'm asking if you can taste a difference between bottled waters. Example, does a bottle of Nestle Water taste different than a bottle of Dasani water?
Definitely yes.

Tap water's taste varies from place to place.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
At home, I refill a Gatorade bottle with ice and water from my refrigerator, which has a filter on it. It has a slightly wider mouth that I can fit the ice cubes through.

At work, I use ice from the freezer, which I can't normally taste, but sometimes it gets an odor to it, and water from the water cooler, which I guess is filtered.

If the tap water is cold, I can't tell a difference between that and filtered water, but I use filtered water anyway. I don't buy bottled water unless I'm out somewhere like on a road trip or at the zoo, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.