Link: CDC lifts mask mandate if vaccinated...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We will still wear masks indoors, but my wife and I are going to attend a wedding next weekend. My wife really wants to go and is willing to risk it. We will not eat at the wedding as we will not remove our masks, but we will enjoy the company of family.

Reactions: Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We will still wear masks indoors, but my wife and I are going to attend a wedding next weekend. My wife really wants to go and is willing to risk it. We will not eat at the wedding as we will not remove our masks, but we will enjoy the company of family.
That's probably going to be our tack also. My sister, who's 90, is not recovering well at all from her series of strokes and I expect to have to attend her funeral soon. It will be a relief to go, even if masked...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I haven't even had a sniffle for 15 months at this point I'm keeping the mask regardless
Same. Wife has only had her first shot. So zero chance I’m going massless until she is 2 weeks past her 2nd.

And yes it is too early because we are a nation of morons that will see this as an ok for unvaccinated people to go maskless too. It has already started happening over the last few weeks based on my Publix trips.

it is also super annoying all these states saying we going to open on X date with no meaningful metrics behind it. What’s the harm of saying something like “we will drop all mask requirements when 60% of adults are vaccinated” or something like that?

Reactions: Jon and B1GTide

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I don't really go anywhere (never really have), so I'll likely just follow whatever recommendations the store has - if they ask patrons to mask up, I'll do so. If not, I'll go maskless. We don't really eat out much (very rarely) so that's not an issue for us.
Same for me. Most crowds I’m in are outdoors. We’re playing ball right now. One thing I’ve noticed at the ball park is how spread out everyone is sitting mostly in family groups. I’m ok with new changes like this. Hope they stick.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Extra time was taken to carefully evaluate the evidence, which has been steadily growing.

It was time.

Those who are at higher risk due to an immunocompromised state or due to health conditions or age should consider their unique situation and perhaps even ask their trusted healthcare provider before deciding whether to go without a mask. Also, you may make a different decision until everyone in your household is fully vaccinated and that would be reasonable.

I entered an uncrowded grocery store today without a mask for the first time in over a year.

The office is a different situation due to many who come there being more vulnerable, so I will only go without the mask while visiting with a patient when I can be assured the risk is low.

This was a welcome change for me and I was glad to see it.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Our band is starting back to work. We are playing a street dance, car show in Sparta next weekend. The following weekend my oldest daughter is getting married. The next day we are playing the Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic. That one is always a hoot.

I feel pretty safe. I won't wear a mask on stage because we are isolated from the crowd, and there is plenty of room between us. Offstage I'll wear a surgical mask, but not an N95.

We will not eat out because of my daughter's suppressed immune system. However, her doctor has okayed her going back to gymnastics. She went today and really enjoyed herself and the light workout.

I'm glad the CDC is loosening restrictions. If it doesn't work out, they can change their recommendation back to where we were yesterday. I'll comply.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, last evening we decided to go out to eat. My wife's best friend, whom I haven't laid eyes on in over a year, was going to meet us. (She's full vaccinated.) We decided on a local German restaurant - Hildegard's. We we got there at 5:30, they were already full. They have three outside tables which are nice but noisy because of a major traffic artery about 30' away. We got an outside table, because they were full, but we had been prepared to eat inside and test our vaccinations. They are now open only Thursday - Saturday, because of difficulty in hiring staff, both wait and kitchen. The staff was fully masked. The tables were spread, but not as much as they had been. It's a very small restaurant. One thing caught my eye though - almost all the customers arrived in masks and donned them as they left, and this right after the CDC edict. The very few who weren't masked, I have the feeling were the same ones who'd been mask-shy for the duration...

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I've been on the fence about whether to wear one or not. I am fully vaccinated, and have kids who aren't yet.
Only public place I've been to is the mechanic last week without one.
Today I went to Lowes garden section, the auto parts store, and the grocery. I didn't wear it. The only place that I felt slightly uncomfortable was the grocery, even though the majority weren't wearing them - even then, it was only because the past year, not wearing one not only meant you're an idiot, but also inconsiderate. I haven't gotten covid, I am fully vaccinated, but the cashier or lady in the handicapped cart don't know that.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I think this is a mistake by the CDC. It will not encourage people to get vaccinated, it will just encourage everyone to dump their mask, vaccinated or not. Places like Walmart and Publix are dropping their requirement for vaccinated folks but, you don't have to show proof so basically they've lifted it for everyone. I can see this backfiring badly over the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think this is a mistake by the CDC. It will not encourage people to get vaccinated, it will just encourage everyone to dump their mask, vaccinated or not. Places like Walmart and Publix are dropping heir requirement for vaccinated folks but, you don't have to show proof so basically they've lifted it for everyone. I can see this backfiring badly over the summer.
I think more likely fall and winter...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think this is a mistake by the CDC. It will not encourage people to get vaccinated, it will just encourage everyone to dump their mask, vaccinated or not. Places like Walmart and Publix are dropping heir requirement for vaccinated folks but, you don't have to show proof so basically they've lifted it for everyone. I can see this backfiring badly over the summer.
Idiots won't wear masks already. I don't see it doing much other than allowing the vaccinated to be more free and to feel safer while doing it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.