CFB memes, tweets, images, jokes, etc.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So, it was not because urnge is an ugly color. It was because the University of Alabama told them no urnge.
I don't "get" Whataburger! First time I ever ate there was in a Trussville site and it was by far the "worstaburger" I've ever had.

Then we moved to Texas and it's like all the rage. The only thing I really ever liked was their honey biscuits. Their breakfast stuff was pretty good, but I stand by my statement: "worstaburger!"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't "get" Whataburger! First time I ever ate there was in a Trussville site and it was by far the "worstaburger" I've ever had.

Then we moved to Texas and it's like all the rage. The only thing I really ever liked was their honey biscuits. Their breakfast stuff was pretty good, but I stand by my statement: "worstaburger!"
I thought McD was "better" and I hate McD.

Reactions: BamaHoHo

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Speaking of Jacks, I think they are the best kept fast food secret in the south. Their restaurants need to take a hint from Chick fil A and run their restaurants more professionally, but their food (especially their chicken) is really good for the $ they charge.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Speaking of Jacks, I think they are the best kept fast food secret in the south. Their restaurants need to take a hint from Chick fil A and run their restaurants more professionally, but their food (especially their chicken) is really good for the $ they charge.
I remember Jack's having great fried chicken but that was 25-30 years ago.

and speaking of chicken, I had Bojangles for the first time and it was by far the best fast food chicken I've ever had

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I remember Jack's having great fried chicken but that was 25-30 years ago.

and speaking of chicken, I had Bojangles for the first time and it was by far the best fast food chicken I've ever had
At Jack's I usually get their chicken finger plate with mashed potatoes and another side. I've grown to prefer boneless chicken over bone in chicken (even though I love bone in cooked right). Jack's also has great dipping sauces.

I also LOVE the chicken fingers and sauces from Milo's.

Speaking of Bojangles here's my hot take: their Bo (chicken sandwich) is BETTER THAN Chick-fil-A's!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That's not how Twitter works. The indented part within the post is the quoted material, Like I've formatted this reponse.
It looks to be the other way around. The one at the bottom is replying to CFBNerds. Even when presented with irrefutable evidence to the contrary, people still say “tHe SeC iS aVeRaGe!”

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And THIS is a perfect example of why we needed a major change in Defense this year. A team's defense's job is to stop the other team from scoring. Period. If your offense has to continually outscore the other team offense to win, you're in major trouble at some point in the year.
I wonder how that stat line would apply to some of our best defensive units, especially in years we had lots of NOTs, which I'm assuming is what the Miami defense got?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I wonder how that stat line would apply to some of our best defensive units, especially in years we had lots of NOTs, which I'm assuming is what the Miami defense got?
It's more about how stifling they were in the eight games they would have won without an offensive TD - iirc they allowed something like 3PPG in those.

Be interesting to see what 2011 would look like. It's harder than you might think - just glancing at 2011, Bama's first game vs Kent State was a 48-7 blowout, but the offense only scored two FGs and the defense scored nothing, while allowing a TD and XP. The defense was DOMINANT but if you remove Bama's offensive TDs it's a loss.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's more about how stifling they were in the eight games they would have won without an offensive TD - iirc they allowed something like 3PPG in those.

Be interesting to see what 2011 would look like. It's harder than you might think - just glancing at 2011, Bama's first game vs Kent State was a 48-7 blowout, but the offense only scored two FGs and the defense scored nothing, while allowing a TD and XP. The defense was DOMINANT but if you remove Bama's offensive TDs it's a loss.
Ah, I wasn't considering FGs in the mix. Makes sense.

Of course NOTs would play into it as well. Was it 2015 defense that we had like 10 or 11 NOTs that year. Almost one per game in the regular season, IIRC.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

We have a new Whataburger opening soon in Florence. Now you have me curious.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We have a new Whataburger opening soon in Florence. Now you have me curious.
Many people like it, even outside of Texas. Maybe I just had a bad first time experience on the burger a few years ago. I do think they've expanded their burger menu too. Breakfast was OK, but I've said before if you serve food and can't serve a decent breakfast you need to get out of the restaurant business. Eggs and bacon aren't hard, although good biscuits are a little more challenging.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.