CFN: Alabama vs Arkansas Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What’s Going To Happen

No, really, did Alabama fix all the glitches?

Beating up on ULM and Vanderbilt might have made everyone feel okay after the Texas game, but now the team gets tested for real.

Is the offensive front really fixed after all of the issues last year? Probably not 100%.

Can the team really handle life on the road after the first time around didn’t go so well? Sure, it’s Alabama.

Arkansas will play well enough to make this interesting. The defensive front really will get to Young, Jefferson really will hit a few big shots, and …

Bama will come through, the offensive line will pound away with the ground game when it has to, and the team will get out with a very tough, very good win.
Alabama vs Arkansas Prediction, Game Preview

I'll take it!

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Until we prove that we can play better on the road against a good team, I'll expect this game to be tighter than 34-20.

I can see 24-21.

Hopefully we light up their secondary and win it something like 45-20. I'd love to see the guys play better on the road....and start that trend in this game.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The part that gives me confidence is every game of theirs I've watched they've left wide open guys, the other team has just missed a lot of them. I also don't think they can be an effective offense if they aren't running the ball well, our run defense has been excellent. I just think we have some superior matchups.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Their defense has not been great, especially against the pass. Our defense has been great against the run and they are a running team. If they score 20 then we have had another really bad day like at Texas.

I think they will struggle to score when we stuff their run game and Bryce hits a few deep balls against their weak pass defense. Something like 38-13 is what I'm expecting.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
No, this is a blow the top off game. Im thinking 38-13. Especially if we get a big lead early, KJ is wildly inaccurate at times , and if they have to play catchup, we will get turnovers.
I listened to an interview with their TE. When told Bama only allows 8 points/game, his response was ‘we will score much more than that, our offense cant be stopped’

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Their defense has not been great, especially against the pass. Our defense has been great against the run and they are a running team. If they score 20 then we have had another really bad day like at Texas.

I think they will struggle to score when we stuff their run game and Bryce hits a few deep balls against their weak pass defense. Something like 38-13 is what I'm expecting.
I could see a late score by them bringing them to 20.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Three out of their four games the opposing quarterback has thrown well over 300 yards/game. The only reason it was not four out of four games is that Max Johnson isn't a good quarterback. There is ZERO reasons why Bryce and Co. shouldn't light up their defense.

1664383188121.png

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Three out of their four games the opposing quarterback has thrown well over 300 yards/game. The only reason it was not four out of four games is that Max Johnson isn't a good quarterback
This can’t be. Every 8&4 fan (and I’m seated next to one on AA right now) knows that Jimbo is a quarterback whisperer because, well, Calzada…

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
No, this is a blow the top off game. Im thinking 38-13. Especially if we get a big lead early, KJ is wildly inaccurate at times , and if they have to play catchup, we will get turnovers.
I listened to an interview with their TE. When told Bama only allows 8 points/game, his response was ‘we will score much more than that, our offense cant be stopped’
Mr. Anderson says, "We will see about that!" LOL

Reactions: bamagradinATL

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Uhhhhh then how come they only scored 7 points in the second half of their last game?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Not that this is news, but I think the keys are (1) our OL vs. the Arkansas front 7, and (2) our pass rush.

Can our front 5 or 6 (TE or HB) consistently protect Bryce, and generate something at least resembling a run game? If so, we win. If not, it'll be a long day.

Can we pressure KJ without getting too far upfield and allowing him to make plays with his legs? I think if we keep him in the pocket, whether we sack him or not, he won't be able to win the game with the pass.

He'll make his plays, but he's bad to be inconsistent / inaccurate. Denying him opportunities to scramble will highlight the weakness in his pure passing game. It could also get in his head, frustrate him, and maybe lead to some ill-advised throws being intercepted.

As I write this, I think our D can do its job, and where the game will be won or lost is our OL vs. their front 7.

• Thank You
Reactions: oskie

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.