CFN: Alabama vs Florida Prediction, Game Preview

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Our offensive line was mediocre -- against Mercer of all people. If we can keep Bryce clean and get 150 yards on the ground, this game won't be close. But those remain IFs.
OL is a work in progress. I expect Alabama to run to their left side a lot, because the left side is stronger than the right side. The Right side of OL has been an issue the last two weeks. We should see Owens at RT and see how he does against Gator. If he can play clean, He should be okay. Dalcourt wasnt bad, just keep getting better.

Reactions: B1GTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As we saw last week, how much UF scores is probably directly tied to defensive secondary busts. We play a relatively mistake-free game and I think UF will struggle to score much on this defense.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
While the Young offense is considered young. How young is it? Other than Young?

But Young doesn’t play young, and that’s the key here. It may be a young offense, but I’ll take Young’s young any day

;)
Nice post Young man. Young may play if he heals enough. He’s still a young man so there’s that. Could be a close game. I hope not cause I’m not getting any younger. Roll!

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The way Alabama could get in trouble here is a slow start. Florida is going to try to beat us with big running game which should shorten the game. Play this game 10 times and Alabama would probably win 9 of them. but if Bama started slow and UF got a few lucky plays and put say 14 or 21 on us, and time started ticking we don't know if Young is the kind of kid who thrives in that pressure or wilts. That sort of thing isn't about talent its about that stuff in his noggin, and his chest. We will only know that about Young when it happens.

Reactions: Bazza

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If it’s that close I’d say the O/U on tidefans suspensions is 3 1/2
Im glad I don’t partake in Game threads and I am going to be at the game. I have a feeling that the game might not be as smooth as we hope (we still win comfortably). And the eeyore brigade is going to finally see its moment that it has been denied for the past 9 months.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
OL is a work in progress. I expect Alabama to run to their left side a lot, because the left side is stronger than the right side. The Right side of OL has been an issue the last two weeks. We should see Owens at RT and see how he does against Gator. If he can play clean, He should be okay. Dalcourt wasnt bad, just keep getting better.
I've noted its generally game 4 where you see the line start to jell. This being game 3 im worried.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
The way Alabama could get in trouble here is a slow start. Florida is going to try to beat us with big running game which should shorten the game. Play this game 10 times and Alabama would probably win 9 of them. but if Bama started slow and UF got a few lucky plays and put say 14 or 21 on us, and time started ticking we don't know if Young is the kind of kid who thrives in that pressure or wilts. That sort of thing isn't about talent its about that stuff in his noggin, and his chest. We will only know that about Young when it happens.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I expect Mullen to not snap the ball until the play clock gets into the 10 second range to start the game. He'll need to get at least a few first downs each possession for that to work but eventually those first downs will have to result in points. While he probably doesn't trust his QBs throwing the ball they will have to make some timely throws to keep our D honest if they are to have any shot in this game. The key here is to get a couple of three and outs and to put some points on the board early. We do that then he can't take that approach too long or the game could get away from him. It's a small sample size but our run D does look to be pretty stout thus far so overall I think we will hold up on that end and overall Florida will struggle to establish a consistent run game.

I do understand the concerns regarding the O-Line....it was pretty ugly at times against Mercer. But there are a couple of things to consider...1) Mercer was sandwiched between an opening game against a #15 Miami; and the opening SEC game against a ranked Florida team on the road. It's a perfect recipe for a lack of focus...that said 2) In years past we've had these types of performance against teams like Mercer, enough so to cause the fan base concern but we typically come out the next week with a much better showing. I'm sure CNS is using last week's tape to provide a lot of "motivation" during practice this week. I would expect a better showing from the O-Line...I'm damn sure hoping for a better showing.

Reactions: RollTide1224

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Emory Jones has thrown 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions against cupcakes. He is a dual threat QB, but runs a 4.7-4.8 forty. Alabama’s linebackers are faster than Emory Jones.

this game isn’t close. Alabama 41 to florida 10
Rain may force a running game. I think Bama wins comfortably but it will probably be something like 31-10.

And @crimsonaudio i reserve the right to hold my pick for the weather situation to become clearer. This isn’t my official pick the score pick.:ROFLMAO:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.