CFN: Alabama vs Georgia: College Football Playoff National Championship Prediction, Game Preview

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I understand why most are picking Georgia. Rematch, Georgia is more motivated, Bama missing Metchie, more pressure on Bryce.....

Its as if the consensus is that the SECCG was a fluke and there's no way this generational Georgia defense doesn't get to Bryce this time vs a Bama OL that played above its head the first time.

Now, since Metchie went down we haven't looked as explosive. How much of that is because the gameplan for Cincy was ground and pound from the get go though?

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddrn

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
The insinuation that Georgia didn't have to win round one because it already had a seat at the table is a crutch for why they lost to Alabama. They were outplayed and out coached in that game. Now, all of a sudden, they are going to play harder/better and win the game because of what is at stake - a national championship. While Bama may not score 41 next Monday, I'm thinking GA isn't going to score more than 17. Watching Saban talk after getting off the plane tonight, he came across as someone comfortable with his teams preparation. It's almost spooky compared to past years.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I WILL take it. The doubt, disrespect, and lazy journalism. The line staying at -2.5 is great. Was sure it would be a pick ‘em by now.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I WILL take it. The doubt, disrespect, and lazy journalism. The line staying at -2.5 is great. Was sure it would be a pick ‘em by now.
Nolan, let the record show that Jess picked Georgia, too, and he's the antithesis of lazy. We have as many as 5 starters who may not play or will be physically subpar. Win or lose, we're in for an absolute war.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nolan, let the record show that Jess picked Georgia, too, and he's the antithesis of lazy. We have as many as 5 starters who may not play or will be physically subpar. Win or lose, we're in for an absolute war.
Yes, but he is not a believer. Never has been. He does not factor in any intangibles and always looks for ways to convince himself that the other team has an edge at a position.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Right now, logically putting everything else to the side, Bama by all rights should be favored.

I believe there are a few things at play. ESPN and the NCAA need to have an intriguing story line. Part of that has to be that Georgia is the better team. That message Hass to be mentioned over and over again to convince people to watch

Right now Bama has to have tremendous confidence that they can win. I believe they expect to win. I also believe that they will come in playing that way.

Right now Georgia wants to win. But I just don’t believe they think they will. I believe they think they can.

I would rather be in our psychological situation versus their’s

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It all rests on our O line just like last time. If they win their matchups, the game won’t be close. If they can’t, can we game plan around it?
Actually I think it all rests on their offensive line.

I think our game plan will neutralize their defensive line. Quick throws, tempo, spread wide, wear them out

But our front seven made Stetson run out of necessity, not out of scheme. I think IV is scared as hell right now

Dean said they are going into the game with the same mindset that they always have. I hope that’s not true for them. Because if it is they’ve already lost

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Right now, logically putting everything else to the side, Bama by all rights should be favored.

I believe there are a few things at play. ESPN and the NCAA need to have an intriguing story line. Part of that has to be that Georgia is the better team. That message Hass to be mentioned over and over again to convince people to watch
Vegas couldn't care less about ESPN when they set the line - it's 100% determined based on risk mitigation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.