CFN: Alabama vs Mississippi State Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What’s Going To Happen

14 in a row.

Mississippi State won 17-12 in Nick Saban’s first season with the Tide in 2007. It hasn’t been pretty since then.

The 2017 game was a fight – Alabama pulled it out 31-24 on the way to the national title. Over the last four years it beat the Bulldogs by a combined score of 152 to 16, an average of 38 to 4.

Kentucky’s Will Levis was able to hit just about everything in last week’s win over the Bulldogs, and the Wildcat ground game was able to rumble without a problem. Arkansas didn’t have KJ Jefferson and it was able to run, too, in the 40-17 loss. LSU was able to run for over 200 yards in its win over Mike Leach’s team.

Bryce Young will be Bryce Young against a Bulldog D that doesn’t generate a ton of pressure, the running game will take control, and the secondary will hold up well enough.

It won’t be a total wipeout, and it won’t be a razor sharp performance, but there won’t be too much of a hangover after the Tennessee loss.
Alabama vs Mississippi State Prediction, Game Preview

I'll take it!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The book on how to stop Leech's offense has always been (VERY generally speaking) to play zone, keep everything in front of you and tackle well/ limit yards after catch. That's what we've done the past couple years against him. It'll be interesting to see if we employ the same tactics.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They had to mention the 14 in a row. Burnt child feeling for me I guess!

But I think we'll respond with a solid outing and victory.

If we don't...we'll let's not go there!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
That write-up sounds about right to me. MSU will get a ton of yards and move up and down the field, but will have trouble converting in the redzone where he field is compressed.

We, OTOH, should have a big day on offense.

MSU will score, but not enough to keep up with Bryce & Co.

Reactions: NCRollTider

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
You would hope that this is a game to send a message about being back on track....if it isnt then it confirms the fact that this team is what it is...if they dismantle MissSt on both sides of the ball then its an indication that the message was received and understood. RTR

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
This game is the second step in the SEC West title hunt. With it we make it to an off week and gather steam to finish the season against LSWho and Ole Sis… I think we roll big at LSwho and get into a scoring match against Ole Sis with the winner taking all… Auburn is in Tuscaloosa this year and they are a team in deep decline. We should win here big as well.

The winner of the UT v UGA will be of interest but don’t over look Kentucky…UT may stumble in Lexington

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Not sure if blowing out State is any measure of being back or not. We shall see though.
Agreed. First they have to be beaten before it becomes an issue. Will Rodgers is a talented/guy and can throw the ball.
Just expressing my newly found humility from the days when Nebraska and Colorado blew us out.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
You would hope that this is a game to send a message about being back on track....if it isnt then it confirms the fact that this team is what it is...if they dismantle MissSt on both sides of the ball then its an indication that the message was received and understood. RTR
I hope that is the case, but we destroyed them in Starkville last year, which made me think we had righted the ship. However, we followed that up with poor performances against LSU and Auburn. The defense also performed poorly against Arkansas after shutting MSU down. I just want to see us look like we are on the same page and playing aggressively. You know, playing Alabama football. I never like losing, but I can handle a loss much more easily when we look like we know what we are doing. Our defense looked totally lost on Saturday, and I hope to see improvement and see our guys get after the opponent. Roll Tide!

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I just want a complete, mistake free game. I'm thinking a good complete game could do wonders for the team getting some confidence back....

Reactions: FF4bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.