CFN: Alabama vs Missouri Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Alabama vs Missouri Prediction, Game Preview

2014 West Virginia is the only team to not get obliterated in a Crimson Tide opener for a long, long time, and the last loss in a first game of the season was against UCLA back in 2001.

Bama will be business-like with good balance, a solid game from starting QB Mac Jones, and despite a few big Missouri plays here and there to give Nick Saban a few things to be mad about, there won’t be any major issues.

I'll take it!

Blindside17

1st Team
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I have no doubt in Bama scoring points. I still wander if the smothering style defense is indeed back(as practice reports kind lead you to think). If so I think we are looking at a 45-10 type game. If the defense is like last season then I could see a 45-30 type game.

The Ols

All-American
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I have no doubt in Bama scoring points. I still wander if the smothering style defense is indeed back(as practice reports kind lead you to think). If so I think we are looking at a 45-10 type game. If the defense is like last season then I could see a 45-30 type game.
If Mizzou's offense hangs 30 on us I'll eat my hat... (Notice, I said offense, but 30? No way)

TraskiTideFan

Scout Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
One things for sure, the later start to the season and the fact its a forecasted high of 65 today in West TN, we probably dont have to worry about sweltering humidity and heat related cramps going into the 4th quarter during pretty much any SEC game that kicks off this weekend. But I would like to see a blowout opener our way and Coach just letting the hammer down till the final whistle if the offense is kicked into high gear.

Akazo

Bamanation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
Not much to go on but I think we score more. Maybe 55-13 would be about right.

RollTide_HTTR

All-American
Feb 22, 2017
If we only beat them by 15 then its going to be a rougher season than I had hoped for.

Blindside17

1st Team
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
If Mizzou's offense hangs 30 on us I'll eat my hat... (Notice, I said offense, but 30? No way)
If the defense is not improved 30 would not surprise me at all. The defense allowed several teams last year to score in the mid twenties and more... and Mizzou has enough returning players on offense to certainly score on a repeat type defense from Bama this season. We were just fortunate enough to outscore several teams last season because we sure did not stop them. Having said that I would be surprised if the defense is not improved so I really think it is going to be a 45-10 type game as I stated in my original post.

CoachJeff

All-American
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
If Will Anderson is as good as some of us think, that goes a LONG way to making that defense good again.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
No matter how good the OL is it always takes about 3 games to get in sync, I think that limits the offense at first. Defensively I have no clue what we have but just having healthy people who weren't in high school last year should go a long way, We do have two or three starting that were in high school but they are not at MLB which was an issue last year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we'll see improved defense. With Moses back, I think we'll see score between 54-17 or 48-14. I suspect Mac will throw over 200 yards with 2 or 3 touchdowns. we'll see Najee posting impressive numbers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - Get New Gear!

TideFans.Shop up to 60% off!!
OHT: Military appreciation collection with a charitable component!

TideFans.Shop - Get your Bama gear here!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.