CFN: Tampa Bay vs Kansas City Superb Owl Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Bucs will take a first quarter lead as Mahomes and company struggle just a wee bit, but everyone will wait for the explosion to come, because that’s what Kansas City does.

Blink, and 21 points later it’s all Chiefs … but that’s not going to happen.

Tampa Bay doesn’t do anything to control the clock, but Brady will be great on third downs, the defense will come up with just enough stops in the second half to force field goals against touchdowns, and Fournette will be the hammer to close it all out before Brady hits that one big third down throw to end it.

It’ll be Brady’s MVP – just because – but the defense and running game will allow that to happen.
Tampa Bay vs Kansas City Superb Owl Prediction, Game Preview

I'll take it! :)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
the better team with the best player is KC, but you can’t count out TB12. Immeasurable are off the chart! Measurables lately ain’t bad either! 926D2BEE-4D62-4C39-9DFC-3E2A78B6749A.jpeg

Reactions: crimsonaudio

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Bucs have the more talented team as a whole. The Chiefs have the better qb now. But both are about equal.

Odd shark has it 31-23 BUCS. Which is odd considering more money has been dumped on the Chiefs. I am constantly reminded that when the media and public opinion are so sure of an outcome between two equal team that the opposite usually happens. I think the Chiefs have a level of arrogance brewing amongst them and the Bucs have a quiet confidence coming along at the right time. I got the Bucs close.

• Heart

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK, here goes - and I know nothing about the NFL, or at least certainly not what I know about college football. NFL is FAR MORE EQUAL (e.g. in the NFL, the 0-16 Lions could, in fact, beat the 16-0 Patriots on a given Sunday. App State isn't going to beat the current incarnation of Alabama even if Devonta Smith misses the second half. Not so sure about whether Michigan would hold off App State, but I digress).

For starters, I simply have a bit of a problem going against Tom Brady. This is NOT the first time or even the second time he is taking a seeming underdog into a Super Bowl against a stud quarterback. Nobody gave his Pats a chance against Kurt Warner's Rams in 36, and the obligatory "the Patriots dynasty is dead" articles after they lost to the Chiefs (41-14) were followed by Pete "Dunderhead" Carroll outsmarting himself and Brady rising to the occasion in the fourth quarter. Yes, Brady, has lost 3 Super Bowls, but I don't see Eli Manning taking snaps for the Chiefs. (I wonder if I should point out that when Brady lost in 2011, the Patriots were 31st in a 32-team league in yards allowed, 29th in yards per play surrendered by defense, and 31st in passing defense yardage surrendered). In short, two of Brady's three Super Bowl losses have come with some pretty wretched defenses, and the other involved pressure nobody has ever felt combined with perhaps the luckiest catch in 54 Super Bowls by David Tyree.

I'm not saying Brady is invincible, but Tampa has enough of a defense to offset some problems.

The matchup looks relatively even to me statistically speaking. Further proof in this is the fact they met during the regular season, and the Chiefs tore out to a quick 17-0 lead and then held on to win, 27-24, in Tampa. That might be a pretty good guide - but then again, the Saints swept the Bucs in the regular season (including winning a 38-3 massacre in Tampa), and it made no difference in the playoff game.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not on the Andy Reid bandwagon. Look, the guy is clearly a very good coach, but he's a world-class choke artist, and his team suddenly scoring 21 points when down by 10 in the fourth quarter last year no more magically transforms him into a "non-choking" coach than Gene Chizik winning a national title turned him into a competent one. KC was MUCH BETTER in talent on the field than the 49ers last year. Yeah, the 49ers were 13-3, but the 1998 Falcons were 14-2, too - and the 49ers falloff was almost as bad as Atlanta's was back then. I can cite example after example of "team plays above their heads and makes the Super Bowl and then turns back into a pumpkin." the Chiefs were a TON better top to bottom than San Fran last year, and they still needed an all-world performance in the final 8 minutes just to pull out a game they should have won going away.

Tom Brady and Tampa are a better team with a better defense than the 49ers last year, and Tom just flat WILL NOT get nervous no matter how far behind. While I think the Chiefs are the more talented team, it's not the slam dunk, either.

If I have any bias, it's in favor of the Chiefs. My Dad is from Missouri and lives there, and he recalls the old AFL days (even watching Super Bowl IV). I LIKE the Chiefs. I DON'T LIKE Tom Brady - but it's like my "I hate Ohio State" bias, it's because he's damn good!!

I can see this game going one of three ways:
a) Chiefs win big
b) Chiefs win close
c) Tampa wins close

My prediction? I'll go with c. If I'm wrong, sue me.

There's a reason it's VERY DIFFICULT to win consecutive Super Bowls in the free agency era.

Your previous back-to-back winners:
Green Bay - 1,2
Miami - 7, 8 (and lost 6)
Pittsburgh - 9, 10
Pittsburgh - 13, 14
San Fran - 23, 24
Dallas - 27, 28 (free agency begins on March 1, 1993, right after Dallas wins Super Bowl 27)
Denver - 32, 33
New England - 38, 39

Your teams who won one and got a chance for consecutive but lost the Super Bowl (with game lost)
Dallas - 13
Washington - 18
Green Bay - 32
Seattle - 49
New England - 52

Four of the five losses were single-score final scores.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
OK, here goes - and I know nothing about the NFL, or at least certainly not what I know about college football. NFL is FAR MORE EQUAL (e.g. in the NFL, the 0-16 Lions could, in fact, beat the 16-0 Patriots on a given Sunday. App State isn't going to beat the current incarnation of Alabama even if Devonta Smith misses the second half. Not so sure about whether Michigan would hold off App State, but I digress).

For starters, I simply have a bit of a problem going against Tom Brady. This is NOT the first time or even the second time he is taking a seeming underdog into a Super Bowl against a stud quarterback. Nobody gave his Pats a chance against Kurt Warner's Rams in 36, and the obligatory "the Patriots dynasty is dead" articles after they lost to the Chiefs (41-14) were followed by Pete "Dunderhead" Carroll outsmarting himself and Brady rising to the occasion in the fourth quarter. Yes, Brady, has lost 3 Super Bowls, but I don't see Eli Manning taking snaps for the Chiefs. (I wonder if I should point out that when Brady lost in 2011, the Patriots were 31st in a 32-team league in yards allowed, 29th in yards per play surrendered by defense, and 31st in passing defense yardage surrendered). In short, two of Brady's three Super Bowl losses have come with some pretty wretched defenses, and the other involved pressure nobody has ever felt combined with perhaps the luckiest catch in 54 Super Bowls by David Tyree.

I'm not saying Brady is invincible, but Tampa has enough of a defense to offset some problems.

The matchup looks relatively even to me statistically speaking. Further proof in this is the fact they met during the regular season, and the Chiefs tore out to a quick 17-0 lead and then held on to win, 27-24, in Tampa. That might be a pretty good guide - but then again, the Saints swept the Bucs in the regular season (including winning a 38-3 massacre in Tampa), and it made no difference in the playoff game.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not on the Andy Reid bandwagon. Look, the guy is clearly a very good coach, but he's a world-class choke artist, and his team suddenly scoring 21 points when down by 10 in the fourth quarter last year no more magically transforms him into a "non-choking" coach than Gene Chizik winning a national title turned him into a competent one. KC was MUCH BETTER in talent on the field than the 49ers last year. Yeah, the 49ers were 13-3, but the 1998 Falcons were 14-2, too - and the 49ers falloff was almost as bad as Atlanta's was back then. I can cite example after example of "team plays above their heads and makes the Super Bowl and then turns back into a pumpkin." the Chiefs were a TON better top to bottom than San Fran last year, and they still needed an all-world performance in the final 8 minutes just to pull out a game they should have won going away.

Tom Brady and Tampa are a better team with a better defense than the 49ers last year, and Tom just flat WILL NOT get nervous no matter how far behind. While I think the Chiefs are the more talented team, it's not the slam dunk, either.

If I have any bias, it's in favor of the Chiefs. My Dad is from Missouri and lives there, and he recalls the old AFL days (even watching Super Bowl IV). I LIKE the Chiefs. I DON'T LIKE Tom Brady - but it's like my "I hate Ohio State" bias, it's because he's damn good!!

I can see this game going one of three ways:
a) Chiefs win big
b) Chiefs win close
c) Tampa wins close

My prediction? I'll go with c. If I'm wrong, sue me.

There's a reason it's VERY DIFFICULT to win consecutive Super Bowls in the free agency era.

Your previous back-to-back winners:
Green Bay - 1,2
Miami - 7, 8 (and lost 6)
Pittsburgh - 9, 10
Pittsburgh - 13, 14
San Fran - 23, 24
Dallas - 27, 28 (free agency begins on March 1, 1993, right after Dallas wins Super Bowl 27)
Denver - 32, 33
New England - 38, 39

Your teams who won one and got a chance for consecutive but lost the Super Bowl (with game lost)
Dallas - 13
Washington - 18
Green Bay - 32
Seattle - 49
New England - 52

Four of the five losses were single-score final scores.
Ive made the comment a lot and I’ve been laughed out of the room many times I said in 2010 that Rodgers could easily not come back to a SB. After last year I said it might be Mahomes only SB. It’s so damn hard to repeat or even get back. Teams watch non stop film on you if you are good and you constantly have to fight with salaries. Everyone seems to think it’s easy to win and get to SBs. I’m a Steelers fan and we had AB, Leveon Bell, and Roethlisberger putting up numbers like the Chiefs but we got to 0 SBs under that reign of terror.

The Chiefs have been full of themselves off a SB win that they underperformed and should’ve probably lost. Talking about chasing Jordan and building a dynasty. You don’t make those statements until you actually get multiple. After tonight only two active starting Qbs have multiple SB rings and neither are named Patrick Mahomes.

Look the Chiefs may be here to stay but I have my doubts. Their defense is still a product of their offense blowing by folks and forcing the other side to take chances. There are many teams built like the Bucs that can force this type of game against them. I think also Mahomes massive contract is going to bite them in the ass at some point so the pressure to win one soon is upon them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.