CFP Ranking = #5...

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
He very well could have passed out drunk at the half lol!! ;)
Brando has been well-known as an Alabama hater for 30-plus years. I remember a phone call he had in 1989, 1990 with Steve Shannon, a DJ there in Tuscaloosa. And Shannon actually asked him why he hated Alabama. Brando got a big kick out of it.

I think it's simple. He's just an LSU homer. It's just as simple as that. He is completely, totally in the tank for LSU. He doesn't want that game again this year. Not with a healthy Tua, not with Mac Jones, not with ANYBODY. He doesn't want LSU-Bama II. And he knows if we get in, we're fourth. Unless the committee readjusts and moves Ohio State back to one, after a Big 10 title game, we'd face LSU in the semis. So he's talking up Oregon, Utah and anyone else -- mostly them, because the Big 12 scenario took a serious hit with OU and Baylor dropping. He just doesn't want a repeat of 2011.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Trolls. Brando said today that Oregon and Utah would beat Alabama on a neutral field. He doesn't even believe that himself. If he actually does, it means he blacked out at halftime of the Alabama/LSU game last weekend and didn't come to until this afternoon.
When a TV personality of whatever ilk sees their career begin to decline they often choose to go the shock route throwing off any ethical standard they may have once held to carve out a niche for themselves. One only has to look toward Fox News to see this phenomenon in spades. Brando is one of several "shock jocks" who attempt to ply their trade to gullible audiences.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Brando has been well-known as an Alabama hater for 30-plus years. I remember a phone call he had in 1989, 1990 with Steve Shannon, a DJ there in Tuscaloosa. And Shannon actually asked him why he hated Alabama. Brando got a big kick out of it.

I think it's simple. He's just an LSU homer. It's just as simple as that. He is completely, totally in the tank for LSU. He doesn't want that game again this year. Not with a healthy Tua, not with Mac Jones, not with ANYBODY. He doesn't want LSU-Bama II. And he knows if we get in, we're fourth. Unless the committee readjusts and moves Ohio State back to one, after a Big 10 title game, we'd face LSU in the semis. So he's talking up Oregon, Utah and anyone else -- mostly them, because the Big 12 scenario took a serious hit with OU and Baylor dropping. He just doesn't want a repeat of 2011.
He's from Louisiana, still lives in Louisiana and unfortunately lives in the city I live in. He thinks very highly of himself and his opinions, like VERY VERY highly. When his career started taking the circular motion downward he started using Alabama and their nationally recognized dyed in the wool, over emotional fanbase as his ticket to keep him relevant. He'd write some over the top, outlandish column about Alabama. Finebaum would get a million and one calls about it from Bama fans. He'd phone Brando in to talk about it for an hour. He's Danny Kuh-Nail before Danny Kuh-Nail. He's an irrelevant tool bag whose career has long been over.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
He's from Louisiana, still lives in Louisiana and unfortunately lives in the city I live in. He thinks very highly of himself and his opinions, like VERY VERY highly. When his career started taking the circular motion downward he started using Alabama and their nationally recognized dyed in the wool, over emotional fanbase as his ticket to keep him relevant. He'd write some over the top, outlandish column about Alabama. Finebaum would get a million and one calls about it from Bama fans. He'd phone Brando in to talk about it for an hour. He's Danny Kuh-Nail before Danny Kuh-Nail. He's an irrelevant tool bag whose career has long been over.
We expect you to tell us how you really feel Buzz, come on now :D

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He may be the worst person in the world........Danny Kanell wishes he sucked as much as Brando does. Brando is the sports announcer version of Tom Arnold. He's the Bob Saget of the Comedy World. He's the Rex Smith of Rock and Roll. The Checkers of Cheeseburgers. The Little Ceasars of Pizza. The Sam's Choice of Colas.....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
When a TV personality of whatever ilk sees their career begin to decline they often choose to go the shock route throwing off any ethical standard they may have once held to carve out a niche for themselves. One only has to look toward Fox News to see this phenomenon in spades. Brando is one of several "shock jocks" who attempt to ply their trade to gullible audiences.
I see it on all the national networks nowadays. Brando has been on this trek for as long as I can remember though. Certainly Alabama is an easy target because the fan base is so large and passionate, but he's hated us before hating us was so cool.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Danny Kannell and Skip Bayless are Finebaum wannabes. They flip a coin and go all in on the side it lands, and think nothing of it afterwards.

Kannell's problem was that he tried too hard, and offered too little during a time in which ESPN was cutting heads

Brando is just a fan that became a big time prognosticator. He would rather hack off Alabama fans than eat if he had a choice. He is a class A jerk that possesses a punchable face.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Danny Kannell and Skip Bayless are Finebaum wannabes. They flip a coin and go all in on the side it lands, and think nothing of it afterwards.

Kannell's problem was that he tried too hard, and offered too little during a time in which ESPN was cutting heads

Brando is just a fan that became a big time prognosticator. He would rather hack off Alabama fans than eat if he had a choice. He is a class A jerk that possesses a punchable face.
And you can tell by looking at him that fatboy loves to eat.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
All this hand wringing about rankings. Just win the next game and thing will take care of themselves good or bad.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: CFP = #5...

Wasn't it Duke that insisted on playing?
We got stuck with playing the 2019 CKOG because we got to chose Florida State in 2017. Basically we had an open opponent, and were expecting a high level ACC to get the honor. But Duke complained that they didnt get the CKOG while UNC had gotten it twice. Its a big reason to why we have started to go to the Cowboy kickoff and the H/H stuff as of late. The ACC and Chickfila screwed us.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If quality losses mattered, we'd be 4th and UGA 5th.....

If LSU and UGA face each other in the SECCG, both with a loss -- we are in over the 2-loss loser of that game.....

If LSU wins out -- there's only one spot open

If LSU loses twice -- there are two spots open

Math works in my favor ;)
Tell tOSU that losses don’t matter. They matter a LOT and always matter more in that final meeting. Win out and Bama’s in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
2019 will lead to a renewed and vigorous enthusiasm, beating of drums for an 8 team playoff expansion if Bama gets in!! Mark it down!! ;)
Actually this is very true. The SEC has always reset the landscape of college football. The SECCG changed everything. All the conferences started adding them. The Vols were in danger of getting shafted (actually would have loved that) in 98 when 3 teams had a chance to go undefeated and we got the BCS. Then the SEC was too good and it was unfair they kept getting into and winning titles so we got the playoffs. I’d say the SEC might be the one behind the call for a 6-8 playoff mode more than the others when and if they get slighted by a great team getting left out. This year would be a great example if an 11-1 Bama were left out for a Utah or Oregon just to be “more fair”. The inverse could also be true if 3 teams ever made it. Had UGA not lost that could have easily happened this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.