Game Thread: CFP Semi #2 | Clemson vs OSU (8p | ESPN)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He may very well be a buffoon but there are two things going really well for him that makes him a more credible threat to us than what Miles was doing. 1) he recruits extremely well and 2) he delegates to elite coordinators. What separates him from Malzhan is that he isn’t such a narcissist that he can’t admit when he doesn’t have a clue about what he is doing.

He probably doesn’t have another year like he did this year but he has built a worthy rival capable of challenging us every year in the West. The SEC has gotten a lot tougher with him being the lead corn dog
I'll believe it when they play like this again. Until then - blind squirrel.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
This will likely be Orge only shot at the title at LSU. I don't see him as a championship caliber coach, year in/year out. So I can deal with Orge with 1 title, but with Dabo already having 2 and playing in a conference so soft that even UCF is complaining, I would prefer NCAA not to gift Dabo a third NT.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll believe it when they play like this again. Until then - blind squirrel.
Play like this again is unlikely. My point is that in his 3.5 years he has had the most consistent team other than Bama in the West and has improved every year. LSU is always loaded with talent and probably has just as much talent as Alabama, Florida, and Georgia year in and year out.

In the West you are really going to have to go through hoops and ladders to say Jimbo, Gus, and Kiffin have/ or will have stronger programs year in and year out as Oeaux will have.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I am not worried about LSU as long as Orgeron is their HC. He is a buffoon.
I used to feel the same way about Swinney. I will say that his schedule will always be more difficult and I think a well coached Burrow hid a lot of the warts of an Orgeron coached team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Swinney has a very good staff and does a great job of compensating them to keep them around. I think he could have the same problem as Mack Brown where “victory defeats him.” A CEO head coach who needs detail-oriented coordinators and assistants will tend to fall prey to brain drain worse than what we’ve experienced the last few years. Our HC is still a very details-oriented guy and he kinda drives the entire staff. When you got guys like Scott and Venables, you can just be Coach Rah-Rah.

Reactions: Con

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
"When you got guys like Scott and Venables, you can just be Coach Rah-Rah."

Tony Elliott calls the plays.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
How they got awarded the Playoff gig I have no idea. I know of at least two crews that should've gotten suspended. Also, what's the point of a rules expert on TV if he's not going to hold the refs accountable?
I guess since the who's are in the BCS title game, at least we won't have to see any moreSEC incompetence as far as officiating goes... :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.