CFP semifinal officiating crews

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I’m hearing that the CFP semifinal officiating crews are going to be the following:

1. BigTen refs for Bama-Notre Dame
2. Big XII refs for Ohio State-Clemson

Any thoughts on how this might influence the outcomes?

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I don't much about the Big 10 officiating crews. We haven't seen many Big 10 games on TV. The Big 12 groups have been decent in previous bowl games.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was glad to see we did not get BiG 12 refs. They generally frown upon any attempts to play actual defense. For example, they flag you for DPI if you breath in the general direction of the WR.
Agreed - DPI would have been a problem, but we could see them in the finals

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
So allow me to be a “conspiracy-theorist” for a moment.....of course, every officiating crew is totally disassociated from emotion or prejudice.....

but.....what if a member(s) of the B1G crew was (we’re) persuaded to attempt to help the B1G representative by hurting Alabama by helping ND?
I’m hearing that the CFP semifinal officiating crews are going to be the following:

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
but.....what if a member(s) of the B1G crew was (we’re) persuaded to attempt to help the B1G representative by hurting Alabama by helping ND?
Dunno. Big Ten homers say that SEC refs protect southern teams. Now you’re inquiring about the same being true of Big Ten refs and a northern team. I’m not experienced enough to know where their tendencies lie. I kind of doubt it for the ND-Bama game because the Big Ten refs are probably fed up with Kelly and his whining.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006

Does this mean PAC-12 for title game?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.