Question: CFP SEMIFINALS Crystal ball: how will it go?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
While I hate that Bama won’t be there I take solace in that I have clear teams I can pull for.

B1GTide, and Buckeye Nation.... PLEASE beat the crap out of Clemson!!!

needless to say I hope Jalen runs wild over Coach Blow and LSPEAUX. OU even has the correct colors 😎

GO BUCKS AND BOOMER SOONER

unfortunately I think OU and their defense will get torched by the Tigers

I believe our Champ will come out of the other bracket. Clemson is a beast still but this might be the year that playing a cupcake schedule will show. tOSU will absolutely hit Clemson in the mouth and I don’t think Clemson will handle it well. I pray Coach Day uses JK like a bludgeon. If they do that and open up the field for JF like they did in the Second half of the B10CG they can win. It will NOT be a 2016 repeat.

LSU vs. tOSU for the crown!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think LSU beats Oklahoma. Dave Aranda and LSU have had to defend against Jalen before so I think they perhaps know his tendencies better than some. Meanwhile OU won't be able to stop Burrow. I think Clemson beats Ohio State in a close one. Trevor Lawrence and Clemson have the experience in these kind of situations so I think Fields is more likely to make a mistake at a critical moment. These results are not exactly what I want to happen but rather what I think will happen.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
LSU will handle OU easily (OU's defense might give up 50, and Jalen turns the ball over too much), and OSU beats Clemson in a nail-biter. Clemson's lack of playing under pressure - and against anything resembling a quality opponent - comes back to haunt them in a close game where a single mistake could do them in.

As much as I don't like the Ogre, I feel like LSU's defense is trending in the right direction, and OSU's defense looking ordinary - as they did for much of the first half last night against Wisconsin - for any length of time will open the door for LSU to build and sustain a lead. LSU brings the NC back to the SEC. Just my two cents.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LSU beats the Sooners by 30+ (the Sooners still claim that the SEC is overrated :confused:)
OSU beats Clemson by 20+ (Dabo says that America finally got it wish with Clemson losing :rolleyes:)

OSU beats LSU in a game for the ages (Orgeron says something intelligible and gets an extension 🤡)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think Oklahoma might surprise some people and keep the LSU game close but I think LSU and Burrow probably pull off the win.

Clemson vs Ohio State is going to be the real championship game IMO. I really want Ohio State to win this game but I think Clemson will.

Clemson will then beat LSU. LSU will likely score enough to make it a good game but Clemson wins this game.

BamaBoyinSC

Oct 8, 2013
LSU seems to have found a little defense so I think they will win by 2 touchdowns. Jalen turns the ball over trying too hard and they play from behind all day.

Ohio State will embarrass Clemson and put 50 on them. I have no actual reason to think this. I just dislike Clemson that much.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
LSU will beat OU badly.

I guess I'm in the minority regarding Clemson. I think they beat tOSU.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I will be rooting for Jalen and OU. I will also be rooting for OSU against Clemson. That said, it will likely be LSU vs Clemson for the championship.

Obieone42

Sep 26, 2018
My 2 cents..which aren't even worth that.

LSU annihilates Oklahoma (although I will be pulling for Jalen and the Sooners).
Clemson over OSU. From Captain Obvious himself...this game can go either way. I know...profound, right.

I just know TL and how stinkin good he is when it matters. Plus, these QBs have been linked since high school. ESPN ranked Justin Fields ahead of him coming out of high school for no other reason than he was uncommitted at the time. I don't think that bothers TL in the least but...i guess some of us Cartersville, Georgia fans have been waiting to see these two go at it.

RTR!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
IIRC the 3rd seed has never even won a single game in the playoffs. I sincerely hope that continues. Clemson simply doesn’t have to play a real schedule and it’s not fair to the other teams.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Ohio State will embarrass Clemson and put 50 on them. I have no actual reason to think this. I just dislike Clemson that much.
Read your handle as 'BamaBoykinSC and figured one of my little retrievers - the littlest retriever, your state dog in fact - had come back from the great canine beyond with a prognostication that would be just like her...

000crow.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bazza

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Dont look now, but OU has actually developed a defense. I could see them possibly upsetting LSU if the tigers dont take the game seriously.
That being said I think the most likely matchup in the title game is LSU and Ohio State, with Ohio State winning the NC.

Reactions: B1GTide

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Dont look now, but OU has actually developed a defense. I could see them possibly upsetting LSU if the tigers dont take the game seriously.
That being said I think the most likely matchup in the title game is LSU and Ohio State, with Ohio State winning the NC.
I hope the title game does turn out to be LSU vs. OSU. Think about the storylines of Joe Burrow leaving OSU to be at LSU. It would have been the same for us vs. OU or UGA vs. OSU.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
At least one person noticed. Thanks for that, dm35.

Some strong opinions here that the Sooners will be blown out by LSU. While I agree that it will take a herculean effort for OU to defeat the Tigers – especially in SEC country – I'll be surprised if LSU rolls. We'll know sometime around 6:30 p.m. (CST) on Dec. 28.

Meanwhile, I see Clemson-OSU as a toss-up. I'm hoping the Buckeyes prevail, however, since my Sooners traditionally have a much tougher time against Dabo's team.

Obieone42

Sep 26, 2018
Read your handle as 'BamaBoykinSC and figured one of my little retrievers - the littlest retriever, your state dog in fact - had come back from the great canine beyond with a prognostication that would be just like her...

View attachment 5105
What kind of dog is this? I have a black, flat-coated lab that looks just like this.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.