BREAKING Changes at Youtube TV

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I did not notice any posts with this subject. I have been subscribing for several years to get Youtube TV for Tide football coverage. Looks like this may change. I flipped on the TV this morning to Youtube TV and a new home screen comes up offering a free trial subscription. Has anyone digested this change or found a site that explains it clearly?

• Wow
Reactions: UAH

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
What change exactly?
Not clear on that. The site has changed its boot up screen and will not let you proceed to watch any content unless you log in or do a trial membership. I read this as rates are going up. I am hoping that someone more savvy than I can cut to the chase and summarise the price increase and the programming changes.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Not clear on that. The site has changed its boot up screen and will not let you proceed to watch any content unless you log in or do a trial membership. I read this as rates are going up. I am hoping that someone more savvy than I can cut to the chase and summarise the price increase and the programming changes.
Ok I'm confused. You've always needed a subscription to watch YouTubeTV. I just logged in with my account and could see everything just like normal.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I have had a subscription for several years but this morning it would not let me access the Youtube TV programing. I interpreted this as programing and rates were going to change.

I just checked again and Youtube TV is back to its old self. I feel like something is headed our way.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
You likely just needed to log back into your account.
I use a Roku to access streaming services so I don't need to login each time. This is strange, like sparks hopping out of the fire. I can only think something is brewing.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I did not notice any posts with this subject. I have been subscribing for several years to get Youtube TV for Tide football coverage. Looks like this may change. I flipped on the TV this morning to Youtube TV and a new home screen comes up offering a free trial subscription. Has anyone digested this change or found a site that explains it clearly?
Mine is as normal today. I was an original subscriber. I am becoming skeptical of Google running commercials before I can tune into live TV. Commercials now comprise most of the content of live programming and it has become impossible to watch. Free YouTube is now a thing of the past. Fed up with Google which I see as a high priced hooker that throws ads at me on every internet page I open to the degree that many are unviewable. Then they steal my data. What kind of business model is that?

Looked at Hulu Live this week but they are selling a package that includes Disney + and ESPN +. Already have Disney Plus and can't double pay for it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Mine is as normal today. I was an original subscriber. I am becoming skeptical of Google running commercials before I can tune into live TV. Commercials now comprise most of the content of live programming and it has become impossible to watch. Free YouTube is now a thing of the past. Fed up with Google which I see as a high priced hooker that throws ads at me on every internet page I open to the degree that many are unviewable. Then they steal my data. What kind of business model is that?

Looked at Hulu Live this week but they are selling a package that includes Disney + and ESPN +. Already have Disney Plus and can't double pay for it.
You ought to be able to roll your Disney+ into the bundle subscription if you so choose.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
All's well with Youtube TV. I suspect that my youngest son accidentally logged off the downstairs TV from Youtube TV.
However, I still expect changes. Seems that I was without SEC/ESPN Networks last bowl season for several days. I expect Disney will want their pound of flesh right before college football starts this upcoming season.

Reactions: Con

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm a subscriber also - no change, except they occasionally interrupt to ask me to update preferences or offer ad-free Youtube (I watch a lot history, etc. on there). I finally gave in and decided to try it - until I saw the price - $11.99 per month. At that, I decided I'd just go on pressing the "skip ad" button on the Chromecast...

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
Thanks, I looked around trying to find the old thread on this topic, but I have to plead incompetence. Regardless, surely I am not the only YoutubeTV subscriber who remembers ESPN/SEC Network being locked down for a few days this past bowl season. I remember pausing my subscription and looking for possible alternatives. Then YoutubeTV opened back up just in time for the championship game. I look to Disney as being a big fish that eats little to mid-sized fish. I'm curious what will be the options this year. I just want to lock down the football coverage for the playoffs.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm a subscriber also - no change, except they occasionally interrupt to ask me to update preferences or offer ad-free Youtube (I watch a lot history, etc. on there). I finally gave in and decided to try it - until I saw the price - $11.99 per month. At that, I decided I'd just go on pressing the "skip ad" button on the Chromecast...
That's what I did.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I'm not sure how someone having a login problem suddenly gets connected to a problem with watching college football and so lets create a thread on a message board.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.